Hello from Mississippi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeBlick

Reaction score
Hey guys. Love the forum.

I'm a beginning brewer looking to learn a bit more.

I'm mostly interested in ciders, meads, and wines but I wouldn't be opposed to trying out some beer at some point.

In the past I've brewed a couple of batches of Joe's Ancient Orange mead. Thats the extent of my experience. Right now I have an all natural cider going using a yeast culture I made from an organic granny smith apple and some organic juice. Going to bottle in the next few days, smells great.

On Friday I'm going to start a batch of EdWort's Apfelwein (except using the Redstar Premier Cuvee yeast) and another of Joe's Quick Grape Mead. Both recopies I found on this wonderful site!

Using yeast from an organic apple?Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

No seriously that hardcore.:rockin:
Welcome to HBT!

On Friday I'm going to start a batch of EdWort's Apfelwein (except using the Redstar Premier Cuvee yeast)

I've done so, mine took about a month or two to get a kerosene or as other described "Rocket fuel" taste aged out.

My batches now currently star Montrachet...

WHEA' YA AT Mike ! Yeah i'm new to this forum also and have learned alot from all these veterans. there are some really cool cats here. and also i'm right here in Diamondhead. MS. i just moved from New Orleans..... take care

WheaYaAt, I'm in Hattiesburg, but I was down there earlier today dropping someone off at the Gulfport airport. While I was down there I stopped by The Wine Merchant and picked up a 3 gallon carboy and a pack of Montrachet.

Started a 3 gal of Apfelwein just now using the Montrachet. So on Friday I'll start a 5 gallon of Apfelwein using the Premier Cuvee and see what the difference is.

Back