Hello from Mississauga, Ontario Canada!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viking_brew

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Kyle (Viking_Brew), and I'm a Saskatchewan born base-brat who is completely new to brewing!

I ran out of interesting beers to buy here in Mississauga so my wife says "why not brew your own?" Brilliant! So here I am to learn from the masters and I am very excited to get brewing!

Cheers! :mug:
Kyle

Hi there. You'll have fun. What kind of brewing equipment and ingredients do you have access to up there? It seems like Canada has a lot of homebrew shops due to the higher taxes on alcohol, but I've also heard the selection is limited.

Have you bought an equipment kit yet?

To be honest I'm having a tough time finding a good supplier here in the Greater Toronto Area. I found one local guy who has an online store and allows local pickup (only 15 min from my house). He appears to have the best selection of ingredients and supplies I have seen so far. There a lot of places that will brew beer for me...but that's no fun at all. I'll have to keep searching!

I do not have any equipment yet, I'm hoping to pick up the basics in the next week or so, it would be great to get a batch going before the New Year.

If you have a LHBS only 15 mins away with a good selection of ingredients and equipment your far better off than most everybody that homebrews in Canada. I've had to ship to a customer in Burwash Landing Yukon Ter. I had to google map that one. There aren't many full featured HBS in Canada. Be patient I'm growing as fast as I can. ($3000 worth of valves, fittings, pumps, tubing, kettles, chill plates, faucets, etc. are ordered and on their way).
Good luck with your new adventure and it sounds as though the wife is a keeper.
HD

Back