Hello From Louisiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thndrdad

Reaction score
I've been brewing since last Christmas when my bride of 23 years gave me a Mr. Beer kit. It wasn't long before I had two six and a half gal. fermenter's from N.B. and haven't slowed down since. I even planted my on hops last spring. The centennial did great for the first year, liberty not so good, but still alive. I haven't bought a kit beer since Mr. Beer and have brewed twenty some batches. I enjoy experimenting with different combinations of extract and specialty grains. I've had one infection so far "my last batch" but that was because of getting slack at brew time. A hard lesson to learn. But because of my on impatience only the last liter and a half were dumped. I actually drank the rest before the infection caught up with the flavor. Thats another problem for me. The wait...... I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this forum and hope to add some in the future. never knew Beer could taste so good.:mug:

Welcome to the forum. I started out with Mr. Beer and moved up real fast as well.

Thanks finchlake, Where are all the brew shops in this state? Been here only ten years myself. Originally from N. Carolina. My wifes people all hale from here though.
I'm in the central part of the state and have to order everything online, How about you?

Thanks for the web page. I had been there before, but for some reason was thinking it was down south. I will have to make a road trip there soon.
Just bottled a blonde today,and ordered stuff for an amber that I'm gonna try and spice up a little for the holidays. Thanks again, thndrdad

It's been a consideration. I think I would like to spend the money on a kegging set up first(still bottling only). I have been reading up on it though. I know its more economical. I will probably make the leap before too long. Right now I still can't get over how good HB is period! I drank mass produced beer for so long. I'm still in a malty haze of euphoria!

Hey from St. Amant!!! Welcome to the post. These guys know whats going on. As far as brew shops in Baton Rouge area Bootleggers is off Chippewa st, prices aren't bad but I wouldn't buy ingredients just supplies from them. It's in a wherehouse and has been hot everytime I was there. There also is a place in Denham Springs off Florida Blvd. Its been closed everytime I've tried to go there.

Zak

Thanks Zac, I think I'm gonna stick to online supplies. But if I had the capital to open an HBS I would. This area is in desperate need of one. I don't know maybe the demand just isn't here. I orderd some stuff from Austin, Waiting to see if it makes here faster than the the up north orders I usually make. Thndrdad:mug:

Hello from Monroe,
I have to order my most supplys, but there is a wine shop up town that stocks some basic stuff.
finchlake, we go fishing over there some.
Jeff

Hello backatyou Jeff967, If you’re ever up this way fishing stop by for a homebrew. I'm the doublewide on the left when you enter Finchlake Campground. My wife and I own and run Finch Lake Campground. It would be nice to share a homebrew with someone that appreciates it. I'm surrounded with Natural Lite drinkers.

Which wine shop in Monroe has supplies?

Finchlake

Which wine shop in Monroe has supplies?
Tonore's wine cellar on Louisville, on the north side of the road, about 8 blocks from the river. they are not well stocked no grains, but do keep bottle caps, corn sugar, air locks, alepails, a few caned kits on hand.
If you’re ever up this way fishing stop by for a homebrew
thanks, I'm not shure when it will be but I will be bring a few bottles when I do.
Jeff

zstewart123 said:
Hey from St. Amant!!! Welcome to the post. These guys know whats going on. As far as brew shops in Baton Rouge area Bootleggers is off Chippewa st, prices aren't bad but I wouldn't buy ingredients just supplies from them. It's in a wherehouse and has been hot everytime I was there. There also is a place in Denham Springs off Florida Blvd. Its been closed everytime I've tried to go there.

Zak

I agree with Zak on Bootleggers. I was there a few weeks ago and they had a limited supply of extract kits of which the ones that i looked at were old. They might be a good source for misc. equipment though.

The Homebrew Shop in Denham Springs is only open from 3:00PM to 6:00PM Tuesday through Friday and 10:00AM to 2:00PM on Saturday. They have a lot of equipment for beer and wine making and a very good selection of extracts. I didn't ask about grains when I was there but if they don't have them I'm sure they can get them. They don't take credit cards so if you go there be sure to bring cash or a checkbook.

Just joined and looking for a step away from MR Beer, any local homebrew stores worth visiting?

Back