Hello from Kansas City

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeller

Reaction score
Hey all, just getting back into brewing after being away from doing it almost 20 years. I brewed through most of the 90's then life, kids, job..blah blah blah..led me astray. All of my beers were made in 5 gallon kitchen batches, and i did get to some all grain as well. Im now being 'moved' out of the kitchen by the wife and so building a new larger rig. I've had these keg/kettles for some time and the table is angle iron. Cant decide if i want to do 3 tier, 2 or just single - which means i need pump (s). For now cost means I will get these 2 kegs ready and work gravity...maybe use a cooler for HLT. I already have a mash screen- ABT but its 12" and now im not sure it will work with these kegs.

Anyway will have lots of questions just saying hello for now :mug:

IMG_0519.jpg

That's cool. One of my best friends lives in Liberty just off the square by Jewell. I know the MO Mashers club is over on that side of the line somewhere. Possibly Google then and attend a meeting then connect with some brewers who can invite you over to watch them brew.

Electric is awesome but pricey. You can get just as good results on a propane burner. I went E-HERMS so I didn't have to brew out in the cold/heat. Unfortunately we're about to move to SC and with no basements I'll be relegated to a garage. :(

That's cool. One of my best friends lives in Liberty just off the square by Jewell. I know the MO Mashers club is over on that side of the line somewhere. Possibly Google then and attend a meeting then connect with some brewers who can invite you over to watch them brew.

Electric is awesome but pricey. You can get just as good results on a propane burner. I went E-HERMS so I didn't have to brew out in the cold/heat. Unfortunately we're about to move to SC and with no basements I'll be relegated to a garage. :(

Yea i've heard of the MO Mashers I may check them out, but I dont mind driving and checking out other clubs around town...all in the name of beer its worth it!

Welcome to the forum and back to brewing. I take is you are going to brew 10 gallon all grain batches?

Hi there, yes 10 gal batches are my ultimate goal but not starting out. I'll test the waters with some 5 gal batches and get used to whatever I come up with.

I could just take over the kitchen and use the old equipment ...or use my burner with the old 5 gal pot i have. Its 100 F and humid here now so not anxious to do it outside anyway...but i really need to get a batch going. Cleaning up bottles and all of my old carboys just in case

I belong to the Johnson County Brewing Society. Meetings are the 4th Thursday of the month (This Thursday) starting at 7 at Brew Lab in OP. Good group of guys/ladies. Catch a meeting sometime.

I belong to the Johnson County Brewing Society. Meetings are the 4th Thursday of the month (This Thursday) starting at 7 at Brew Lab in OP. Good group of guys/ladies. Catch a meeting sometime.

Great I might do that!

Back