Hello from Königstein, Germany

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secuspec

Reaction score
Hello all,
my name is Steffen living in a beautiful little Taunus town near Frankfurt am Main. My brewing endeavors just started recently after visiting a Swiss couple living at the Acores island Sao Miguel.
We were introduced to some excellent home brewed beer that was created using a Speidel 20L Braumeister. This got me excited so I decided to order one the same day.
Quite crazy, I know, but that's how my new hobby came to me.

In the meantime my 3rd brew is fermenting. As described in the "brewing disasters" area, my first batch went a little out of control after underestimating the grain tubes suction effect, but all in all, a delicious Festbier was the result. The second brew went very smooth and the last drops of a very nice Pale Ale are waiting to be consumed.

What started with just the Braumeister and a Speidel plastic fermenter about two months ago already grew to a conical fermenter with exact temp control, a cooling aggregate, kegerator with NC kegs and counter pressure bottle filler.

Beside my new beer hobby I am a coffee enthusiast serving as member of the board of the German chapter of the SCA (Specialty Coffee Association) from 2013 until June this year.

Looking forward learning a lot.
Best regards,
Steffen :mug:

Welcome aboard. lovely area youre in, I spent a few weeks putzing around a bit southwest of you in offenbach, idar oberstein, mannheim etc. Would love to go back soon.

Back