Hello from Greece!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spouk

Reaction score
I've been stumbling across HBT for too long and decided that it was finally the time to become a member. I've started brewing a year ago give or take (more like give...) but I've been reading about homebrewing for about seven years. Currently I'm doing BIAB. I'm from Kavala, Greece and I'm hear to learn, help others learn and of course have fun with the greatest hobby on earth!
For those about to brew, I salute you!
Stelios S.

Last edited:
Welcome from the home of the BUCKEYES. My question is, what are the popular beers in Greece and are there any that I need to think about Brewing?:cask:

Thanks everyone, it's great to be here!

Welcome from the home of the BUCKEYES. My question is, what are the popular beers in Greece and are there any that I need to think about Brewing?:cask:

About that. Until a decade ago, Greece had only one microbrewery (!!!) and the big ones made almost exclusively lagers. So everything else was considered kind of "exotic" in the eyes of gen pop. Everybody else had to buy imported beer. But since then much changed! Microbreweries started to pop up here and there and beer started to become something more than that bland thing... Now we have more than 40, many of them crafting really great brews. Of course we have a long way to go but beer revolution has (finally) come and it's here to stay!

So to answer your question, no I do not think so. Just brew great beer and next time you'll raise your glass, know that a buddy on the other side of globe is raising his glass back to you too!

Welcome from Chicago!
Are there any hops varieties native to greece? Curious what Mediterranean hops are like, seems like an endless growing season!

Welcome from Chicago!
Are there any hops varieties native to greece? Curious what Mediterranean hops are like, seems like an endless growing season!

There are wild hops growing all around the country but I haven't yet try any in my brews :(
Also there are a couple hop growers, one of them created their own hybrids. Haven't try them too since it's a really new company and I didn't have the chance.
But these year I decided to go one step further and try to grow my own. I still don't know what to grow (any advice would be much appreciated!) but I will surely try some rhizomes of wild hops from a couple of different places.

Last edited:
Back