Hello from florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishpenguin13

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi, been reading through here for a while now. Great site. Been brewing for 7 years, all grain for about 2 years. So yes.....hi.

Hello from another Florida brewer!

So how do you manage the Florida heat when fermenting?

Invest in a chest freezer or fridge. I use two coolers. One holds my carboy in a water bath. The other contains ice water. There is a pump that is connected to a thermostat that kicks on when the temp falls below a set point. Works perfect for me in hawaii

I have a deep freezer with a temp controller. Definately a must have here.

I'm a complete newbie compared to you, but I definitely found that out to start with. The only problem... My freezer is just a SMIDGEN too small to fit a complete 5 gal carboy (with airlock) :mad:

Still need to figure out how to remedy that issue. I've just been keeping the controller set and covering the top with a blanket to help insulate, but that's not really sufficient enough for my perfectionist mind. :p

I'm a complete newbie compared to you, but I definitely found that out to start with. The only problem... My freezer is just a SMIDGEN too small to fit a complete 5 gal carboy (with airlock) :mad:

Still need to figure out how to remedy that issue. I've just been keeping the controller set and covering the top with a blanket to help insulate, but that's not really sufficient enough for my perfectionist mind. :p

look at plans to install a collar. there are a ton on here

I think I'm the only home brewer in Florida without a chest freezer or fridge. Might have to change that soon...and welcome to the bard!

look at plans to install a collar. there are a ton on here

Definitely. Checked out some threads. I'll probably stop by the hardware store some time this week to pick up some materials. Thanks! :)

Oh I heard about one other guy.........but it is an unconfirmed report.

Well, you can always use the swamp method. Just don't take that too literally here in Florida. :p

Before the freezer I still had good results, but now im more comfortable knowing the temp is right on. And thanks for the welcomes!

Back