Hello from FL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloridaCracker

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am a little late registering here to HBT, as I have been fermenting for a couple months now.

I just bottled ~5.25 gallons of a nice pale ale. While obviously warm and flat it still had a warm & astringent mouthfeel with a nice subtle hop aroma. Hopefully after a couple weeks of bottle conditioning it will be good enough to enter into my area's local homebrew club.

I also have a little under 5 gallons of mead in a secondary right now. Its been in the secondary since late August and still has some fizzing going on :confused: . If it doesn't cease soon I will pitch some potassium sorbate to stop all action so I can finally back-sweeten it... It's just not clearing and I hope to have it ready by the holidays (gifts).

My next planned brew is either a pumpkin ale, fermented in the gourd (I've seen a couple threads in here about it), or a fresh apple cider to be ready by thanksgiving.

Thanks for this great forum and I look forward to working alongside you all in the near future.

Florida Cracker

Back