hello from fairfax, va

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebrewer

Reaction score
I'm getting back into home brewing after quite a while away from the hobby. I still have some odds and ends from back in the day, but I need to buy some equipment before I can start again. I was wondering whether anyone could suggest some home brew supply places in NoVa. I would prefer to help a local small business rather than an internet operation.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul,
I am new to brewing as well, on my 3rd batch. Currently live in CO but grew up in NOVA and was recently back there on business with some dead time.
Set out one morning to look at local brew shops and really liked the Flying Barrel in Frederick MD. Enjoyed the staff and they seemed to have a nice selection of grains and materials. If I were to move back to NOVA, the drive to Frederick would be worth it.

Just another choice, have fun!
John

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up trying myLocalHomeBrewShop in Falls Church and had a good experience (they are closer to where I live). Prices seem reasonable compared to the internet and the staff was very knowledgeable. I'll make a note to check out the place in Maryland, too, the next time I'm out that way.

Back