Hello from Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raving_Elk

Reaction score
Hi all. I have been lurking around for a while now, mainly to get recipe ideas. I think it is time I properly introduced myself.

I have been home-brewing since about 8 months now. I started with a couple of extract kits (Brewferm IPA, which turned out nothing like an IPA, but still very tasty :mug:) and Brupaks Czech Pilsner (which turned out nothing like a Czech Pilsner, and also not very tasty). I found the extract kit brewing not very satisfying, so after the two I got some more equipment and started all grain.

I brew in a big pan on my kitchen stove, batches of about 12 to 16 liters (sorry, 3 to 4 gallons). Unfortunately, just after starting my new hobby I had to limit my alcohol consumption a bit. Therefore I am mainly brewing low to medium alcohol beers, max about 5% vol. The challenge is of course to keep them from tasting like water to much.

The reason I joined the HBT forums is to report my 3 gallons of BierMuncher’s Centennial Blonde in this topic https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=73501 . They are now bottle conditioning for about two weeks, put one in the refrigerator yesterday. Can’t wait to try!

At the moment I am pondering over my next brew. Leaning towards a hoppy red ale type of beer. Not sure yet. Have some Cascade, Amarillo and Centennial in the freezer… Meanwhile, SWMBO is nagging me to brew another batch of Hefeweizen, the last one went out way to fast, need to re-stock for the summer! Open to suggestions!

Obey the orders of SHMBO without any further delay. Brew what you like only when the boss of the house has a satisfactory supply of required beverages. Happy wife=happy life. Cheers!

Thanks for your advice, madscientist451! I do need some extra space in our basement to keep the cases of beer. Maybe brewing a new batch of Weizen would help persuade her to make some more room. :D

Hi there Raving Elk,

I'm about to move to Eindhoven (from Sweden). Any tips about where to get ingredients? My google searches turned up dry. Can you buy malt and hops in town or do you mail order? Thanks!

Hi sintheta, welcome to Eindhoven!

I usually order at the same shops that juan_bernardo mentions.

brouwland.be has a really nice shop located in Beverlo, Belgium. It's about a one hour drive away from Eindhoven, I sometimes drive there when I don't want to wait for the postman to bring my order.

You have picked I great time to move to Eindhoven! Recently a new brewery (stadsbrouwerijeindhoven.com), a brewpub (vanmolleindhoven.nl) and a great new beershop (www.facebook.com/De-Bierbrigadier-1569471809987008/timeline/) opened up. :mug:

Thanks for the tips! Eindhoven seems like a great town, and I think it's finally time for my wife and I to do that beer trip of Belgium we've always talked about.

Back