Hello from Columbiaville, MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dtsyukfan

Reaction score
Hey all. I've been looking around a bit here and I like what I see. We've been trying out some different things here and are having fun. I've made a small batch mead that came out pretty good, a hard peach cider that was way too dry and seriously strong, and a spruce beer that came out tasting a little too strongly of molasses, but is otherwise good. I've got a gallon of rhubarb mead fermenting now, a gallon each of strawberry and dandelion wines that are nearly ready to bottle, a gallon and a half of watermelon wine that is happily fermenting away in the basement, and a gallon of an all grain bourbon vanilla porter kit that I'm a bit skeptical about. It smelled very much of beer when it blew the bung out of the jug (oops, lesson learned), but not very much like beer when I added the bourbon and vanilla. Today will be bottling day for that. Crossing my fingers.
My girlfriend has been playing with some lighter ferments : watermelon soda, ginger ale, and ginger beer. I think she's had more success than I have, despite spewing watermelony liquid all over the kitchen counters and ceiling from an over-carbonated bottle. :eek: She's much more careful, now. Lol
I tend to lurk more than post, just cuz I like a lower profile, but we're looking forward to learning more! Y'all have been pretty helpful, already!

Thank you.

My girlfriend drinks it, so it must not have come out too bad. She's the wine drinker in the house. That's not to say I won't have a glass, too, but I'd rather a good beer or a sweet cider. I'll say, though, if the goal is strictly to get smashed, it will do the job splendidly. :drunk:

Back