Hello from Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smogre

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
My buddy, Malkore, told me about this place and while researching stir plates I stumbled on it and decided to sign up.

Lemme see here. I've been brewing for about 4 years now. I love this time of year because I start making all my seasonal cold weather stuff. Porters, Stouts, Holiday spiced brews, etc. I'm a total hophead and always have some sort of IPA in the keg. I wrestled about 30 gallons of beer last weekend and I can't wait until they're ready.

Cheers! :mug:

Smogre

Welcome to the forum! Wow 30 Gallons, you don't mess around when you start brewing ;). Are you doing 10 gallon batches?

I'm fairly new here too and from Colorado - so I might as well introduce myself as well :mug: . I have been a bit more active on a couple other boards and recently started reading this one daily.

Smogre, where are you located?

Welcome to HBT Smogre and caskconditioned! :mug:
Aurora here. Always good to see folks from Colorado.
Who else made it to the HB conference?

I wanted to go but had a bit too much on my plate at the time. Look forward to the GABF however!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'm out in Littleton, caskconditioned.
I have to admit the 30 gallon day was only because I got lazy with my secondaries. I do 5 gallon boils and my brew buddy does the same. We alter hops or a little specialty grains or something to see what we like best.
It's AG and we run dual burners. It gets a bit hot in there. Especially with these recent super hot weekends.

Hemi said:
So whatcha guys got going in the fermenters right now?

I have a Saison conditioning (2 weeks old). I was going to brew an APA this weekend but looks like other life obligations are going to keep me from brewing until the following weekend. On tap I have a German Hefeweisen and an APA (house brew).

caskconditioned said:
I have a Saison conditioning (2 weeks old). I was going to brew an APA this weekend but looks like other life obligations are going to keep me from brewing until the following weekend. On tap I have a German Hefeweisen and an APA (house brew).

I hear ya. Personally I would love to brew full time but life seems to bring other "hypothetically" more important priorities to the table :)

I don't have anything fermenting and I haven't brewed in a long long time.
It has not been a good brewing year. Maybe in a couple weeks...

I only have a smoked Vanilla Porter in the secondary right now.
I too, haven't had a very productive brewing year.

Back