Hello from Chicago Burbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clonefan94

Reaction score
Hello everyone. First I wanted to thank the ones who started this site and those who contribute. What a great resource. The wealth of information here is amazing. I've been browsing for a while now, figured since I started brewing, I might as well try to contribute with my experiences as well.

Just started getting into really brewing beer. My previous experience were with those all in one kits that you get as a gift. I've had a kegerator for years, always with plans to use it for homebrew, but never got around to taking the leap. Well, with encouragement from friends, and the information I found on this site, I took that leap.

I converted the old summit kegerator I had to a 3 tap system for homebrew and now have two brews fermenting in my basement.

Again, thanks to everyone here, without this site, it's doubtful I would have given this a shot.

Welcome! I'm just south of you in Wheaton. Lots of brewers in the Chicagoland area.

We do love our beer round here!

OP were you brewing last Sat off of Wright blvd in Schaumburg? I was driving through and saw a garage 1/4 open and could see a burner and kettle that looked like someone brewing. Would be a crazy small world if that was you.

We do love our beer round here!

OP were you brewing last Sat off of Wright blvd in Schaumburg? I was driving through and saw a garage 1/4 open and could see a burner and kettle that looked like someone brewing. Would be a crazy small world if that was you.

No, that wasn't me. I chose the rainy day, Sunday for my Day. I was in the garage though. I'm not that close to wright Blvd either.
Still pretty close on both accounts though.

Back