Hello From Brooklyn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKMax

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm an absolute rookie brewer, just started brewing my frist one-gallon batch Friday night (for those of you from NYC, I got the Brewshop kit with the Bel-Gin Strong Mix).

I do have a history of brewing in my family though: My dad worked for Loewenbrau in Munich, my great grandmother brewed and sold beer out of her backyard during WWII, and two friends of mine are both graduates of the Weihenstephan College of Brewing, they later started their own brewery..

I'm a foodie who loves to cook and explore new restaurants, I'm also into coffee and roast my own beans at home. I've always enjoyed beer (being from Germany that should be no surprise) but ever since I've moved to San Diego and now New York I've developed a more refined palate for craft beers and have expanded my knowledge considerably.

So it was only a matter of time for me to take the next step and start brewing my own beer. I'm hoping to learn from all of you and hopefully I can share some of my brewing experiences soon.

I actually went there yesterday and picked up some things that I felt were missing in my Brewship Kit. It's a great place, everyone was very helpful too. I only live a few blocks away so this will definitely be my go-to place in the future.

Back