Hello from Brantford Ontario

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewhacker

Reaction score
Hello! I've been a long time reader of this forum, enjoying all the ideas and discussions posted. HBT is an awesome resource.
Anyhow, longtime brewer and gadget tinkerer, been brewing off and on since ~1997 and brew all grain all electric.

Welcome!

I grew up in Brantford. Good times.

In addition to this forum you may want to check out either the GRAB (Grand River Area Brewers) forum GRAB Forum • Index page or the SOBs (Southern Ontario Brewers) forum Are You An SOB? • Index page. I'm part of both but have a greater involvement with GRAB as I'm in Cambridge.

We have meetings on the last Tuesday of the month mostly to talk about gear, process, ingredients and, of course, to sample beer. As it happens, most of the meetings have been at my place but keep your eyes peeled on the GRAB forum for meeting announcements as they can bounce around to different locations. There is another member who comes up from Brantford so carpooling may be in your future.

Definitely check HBT, there is a ton of info here!

Hey!
Thanks for the reply! ... I only just noticed it!
How many brewers do you get at those get togethers? I actually work in Cambridge.
Also, out of curiosity, where do you get your supplies? I currently hit up BYO Breweries in Brantford and Bedtime in Hamilton.

We've had anywhere from 1 to about 15 at the meetings. Most meetings have been at my place but not exclusively so. The next one is on January 31 in Guelph. Have a look at the forum page under announcements and news and the info should be there somewhere.

I've been getting my supplies in bulk through various sources: SOB group buys for grain, Gilbertson & Paige for grain, Beer and Wine Filter in Mississauga for my hops and yeast. I used to get stuff in London at Brewhaven because I was working a fair bit there so I was back and forth almost every week. I have no idea what's in Brantford but there are others on this board and GRAB who are from there who would be able to provide better answers.

Back