Hello from Beausejour, MB, Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HobbyFarmer

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I found this site while searching on how to grow hops. My wife and I just bought 40 acres and moved in last Feb. So I have lots of room and I'm planing to grow some hops, hopefully next year. I would eventually like to get into growing barley on my back 20 acres. But I'll start with the hops. I plan to start off with a few (6 - 8?) hops plants. Any advice will be welcome.
So, that's the low down about me...

:mug:

Welcome! Hope you find this place as useful as I do. Brad has started a list of places to get supplies on the Canadian Brewers group page since they are few and far between. Check it out.

Paul

Nice to see another Manitoban on the boards! I'm over in Winnipeg, started a cascade and magnum this year, the magnum died shortly but the cascade is flourishing. It does help that we've had a fantastic summer for growing hops (all the rain). Next year I could take a cutting of my plant for you if you'd like.

Do you shop over at the Grape and Grain? Scott over there is a good guy, and his prices aren't bad.

Nice to see another Manitoban on the boards! I'm over in Winnipeg, started a cascade and magnum this year, the magnum died shortly but the cascade is flourishing. It does help that we've had a fantastic summer for growing hops (all the rain). Next year I could take a cutting of my plant for you if you'd like.

Do you shop over at the Grape and Grain? Scott over there is a good guy, and his prices aren't bad.

I sure have. We used to live in old St-Vital, so near the business. I've seen his name thrown around quite a bit in here. It's true, he does have good stock and prices.

I wonder if there is a good demand for organically grown hops in the area. Either in micro-breweries or retail stores like Grape and Grain. I'm thinking that there might be...

Back