Hello from Austin, Texas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtlescales

Reaction score
Hello there! I'm just getting into homebrewing, to date have my first 2 gallons of mead bubbling away at their airlocks and am putting up a third tomorrow. Maybe some of that Apfelwein next.

I'm also new to Austin, I don't even have any drinking buddies here yet. Aside from a few tastes of mead here and there that's all I seem to be able to get anyone to drink, hahaha. Suppose I just need to prowl a few more pubs and rememdy that. Or, make more home brew.

Cheers! :mug:

Welcome!! This addiction will take hold of you like a sexy redhead and empty your bank account just as fast :tank:

LOL, the truth. It's already completely changed my alcohol purchasing habits, instead of favorite brands I find myself looking more at the bottles the product is packaged in. And it is crazy how quickly the idea of purchasing honey in 60lb buckets can start to seem like a sage plan.

You are also blessed (or maybe cursed) with one of the best online homebrew shops in the USA for your lhbs. Austin Homebrew Supply.

You are also blessed (or maybe cursed) with one of the best online homebrew shops in the USA for your lhbs. Austin Homebrew Supply.

I agree with this guy^^^ I really wish I had a HBS in my city! Let me know next time you come to good ol' El Paso and I'll give you my list ;)

Haven't been to El Paso yet, but if I make it that way I will let you know! Not only do I live in Austin, I live about a 5 minute drive from them. I actually found them by accident, went down the wrong street or something and noticed the shop. Then I started thinking about what sort of stuff I could brew and here I am, hahahaha.

Back