hello from Alaska.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akwater

Reaction score
Hi,

So last year a few of my friends wanted me to brew and thus began my quest as a home brewer.

So far I've made 6 batches, from a nut brown stout, to a smoked porter, and most recently a spruce tip black lager, and a batch of raspberry wheat. Just bottled the spruce last weekend. I also started a hard tea that ended up more like McDonald's orange drink but at 9%....

Quite a bit to learn still.....

Anyway, I have a question, I brewed last weekend and dry hopped this batch its a rogue bitter ipa. For some reason I think the color is off... But my question I have this yellowish bit on top around the edges

ForumRunner_20120706_203319.jpg

This is now in secondary, pet container, with my hop bag..... Anyone have any idea or if that is normal? My first dry hopped batch and.I'm worried I messed something up.

Welcome, and hello from a fellow Alaskan home brewer. The yellowish bits around the edge are remaining hops residue. You should be able to rack below that and introduce little to none of it into the bottle or the keg. The IPA I made was a bit darker than I'm accustomed to, and it will look quite a bit different once it's poured into your glass. Congrats, and welcome to HBT!

Thanks,

I'm in southeast where it rains quite a bit, so this has been a nice rainy day hobby.

I'm also looking at going to an AG setup after my current batches are all bottled.

Back