Hello from Alabama...first batch today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepy_brewer

Reaction score
I have been reading about brewing at home and watching videos for weeks. Bought a deluxe kit from NB and did my first batch today...Caribou Slobber. I know that cooking on a glass stove is not ideal but it was raining out and I really wanted to do it. Everything is great so far....fermenting started within about 5 hours. My OG was 1.053 (compared to estimated of 1.052). I have been reading a ton on this forum so I didn't have to ask any questions...although I am sure I will have some eventually. Fermenting in my basement which stays around 61 degrees....I put the Carnot on a tile floor in the coldest part so I am hoping that the wort will be mid-60s. I will probably get a swamp cooler or fridge with temp control...eventually.

Thanks in advance and glad to be here!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Jay, I also got the iBrewmaster 2 app which has been a great learning tool.....especially for the NB kits.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I brewed the Slobber 2 weeks ago, I got a FG of 1.018 so mist likely will check again tomorrow and bottle it! This is also my first brew since I restarted brewing!

Back