Hello, folks. Another willing body trying his hand at the craft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuxAeterna

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I'm from Ohio and I'm just getting started. I'm a long time lurker around HBT, and I feel it is definitely time I join in and partake with this terrific community. Currently sipping on my first home brew, a Sierra Nevada PA clone from a kit I picked up from my local store (I'm supposed to wait one more week to pop 'em open, but who can resist just one bottle of their first brew?). I'm well aware of the mistakes I made my first go around and I'm really looking forward to stepping it up and making it better next time. Tomorrow I'm going to try play around and create my own recipe for a stout and see how well it turns out. But I digress, hello my fine folks, I hope to see you around!

Welcome! If you decide to go the recipe building route, be sure to pick up a copy of Ray Daniels' Designing Great Beers, its a must for figuring out how to create beers from the ground up. Usually the promoted advice is to brew up a bunch of tried and true recipes until you get the hang of things, but this is supposed to fun after all - if you find you can't prevent yourself, have a stab at it.

I remember trying my hand at making my own IPA as my fourth AG beer, I sat down with Beersmith to at least get the numbers right, but jeez I sure did create a real Frankenstein. If I can offer any advice . . . keep it simple.

Oh, and welcome!

Back