Hello fellow homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willygilly

Reaction score
I have begun my second round of homebrewing after having hung up my bottle capper about 20+ years ago. I look forward to learning a few tips and tricks from the group. I can always use more insight from others than I can gather on my own. I will likely have questions and may even ask a couple of stupid ones, but I think this will be a good venture for me. My favorite beers are lagers, but I like a lot of ales also, and the more hops the better I like them.

I don't bring a lot of experience to the group, but I'm always willing to share my experiences and any knowledge I have gained over my 6 or 7 years of homebrewing.

Welcome to the forum and (back) to the hobby. Glad you decided to blow the dust off of it. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

I too favor lagers, so makes me sort of an odd ball as I think most homebrewers favor ales. I use lager yeast for almost everything happily, including pale ale and IPA recipes sometimes.

Welcome to the community and back to the obsession! No shame is loving lagers! Many of us do! Not any harder to brew/ferment just need to keep the 34/70 yeast below 70 and a delicious lager you will have to enjoy!

Welcome to the community and back to the obsession! No shame is loving lagers! Many of us do! Not any harder to brew/ferment just need to keep the 34/70 yeast below 70 and a delicious lager you will have to enjoy!
Thanks for the warm welcome. It took a little while but I think I finally figured out how to reply to a thread.

I think there's another on that I need to reply to. Lemme see if I can figure out how to get to that one.

Welcome to the forum and (back) to the hobby. Glad you decided to blow the dust off of it. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

I too favor lagers, so makes me sort of an odd ball as I think most homebrewers favor ales. I use lager yeast for almost everything happily, including pale ale and IPA recipes sometimes.
Thanks!

Glad to have found this forum. I will likely have a lot of questions about brewing beer. It's been many years since I was last brewing on a regular basis. I hope to get good enough to select and purchase my ingredients according to my taste.

Welcome. I prefer ales of one kind or another. I haven’t brewed any lagers yet. Hopefully this fall I’d like to get some German style lagers in. Mostly to tease my brother-in-law. I won’t share many, just enough to make him beg!
I might have to ask you a few questions, 😂.

I will enjoy sharing what I have learned and what I am about to learn. I am hopeful there will be many things to learn on this forum about brewing lagers and ales. I already have a pretty good idea how to drink them, so I just need more education on how to brew them.

Latest posts

Back