Hello everybody.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inodoro_Pereyra

Reaction score
So...I've been brewing for 2 full weeks now. Quite the veteran...;)
Made 4 batches so far: 2 2L batches, 1 750cc batch, and 1 500cc batch (so you could say "mini batches"). None of them were "beer".
For starters, I don't like beer. I tried it once, when I was 6 or 7 years old, and I couldn't believe someone could drink something that bitter. Never tried it again since.
But that's not the reason I haven't brewed beer yet.
I've been interested in the beer making process for a long time, just out of curiosity. A few weeks ago, I watched a show that talked, among other things, about beer making in colonial times, and how Americans, not having any barley, decided to brew beer out of acorns. That got my head working overtime.
So I decided to start brewing, but since I'm broke (been unemployed for 15 months), I decided to do it on the cheap. Whatever grain I can buy cheap, and Fleishman "Bread Machine" yeast. That, and the equipment and supplies left from my winemaking times, a few years ago, were enough to get me started.

So, so far, the grain of choice are chick peas. We'll see what happens in the future...

Meanwhile, get ready. There are lots of weird questions coming your way...!:D

Welcome and good luck!

If you have'nt already looked you may want to browse the posts in the gluten free beer area. The GF brewers are pretty crafty at putting together brews with a variety of grains and "stuff", you may get some ideas!

Latest posts

Back