Hello, another new guy here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natemtb

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,
I've been lurking about your forum here for a couple of weeks, so I thought I would Post here and say Hi......So "Hi"

I'm pretty Lucky in that I live in Colorado, and there are a ton 'o micro breweries, my wife used to manage the restaurant side of one back in the day before kids. That was when I really started enjoying good beer, maybe I enjoyed it so much because some of it was free? I dunno just a thought.

Anyway, I finally got around to brewing my first batch on Nov. the 26th. My brother was visiting and he has been homebrewing since the early ninities, so he helped me with my first batch. We brewed a IPA, my son and I bottled it on the 16th of Dec. My lack of patience got the better of me on Christmas eve so I chilled one and cracked it open. Yesssssss!!!! It was pretty tasty, not as hoppy as I usually like but not bad for my first batch.
My next batch is going to be 5 gallon brew of Wit Beer. Then I am going to brew the exact same IPA my brother helped me with, except I'm going to try and get the IBU's way up and bump the ABV a little.

What a great resource you all have here, I've read Charlie Papazian's books, but it sure is nice to be able to come to this forum and look up specific question. Keep up the good work.:mug:

Thanks, Nate

Back