Hello All!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chibeast

Reaction score
My Names Ben and I live in Atlanta GA.
I've been brewing for about a year making wine and I just did my first batch of Cider. I had some setbacks and made some mistakes so I don't have anything ready just yet but I have some things ageing in the bottels. I'm in the process of selling and buying a house right now so I'm not making anything new until I get setteled but I'm hopeing to get a few pointers and get my recipes worked out so I can have some good stuff going soon.

Chibeast is the name I use one other forums, I do martial arts as well and the name comes from that. Nice to meet you all! :mug:

Welcome to HBT Ben!:mug:
It sounds like you won't be able to brew much until you get moved but you can hang out here and pick up all sorts of great information.
You mentioned set backs and mistakes. What happened?

Right now I live in Roswell, the wife wants to move to east Cobb somewhere. Thats probibly where we'll end up.

In the first few things I tried for some reason the acid was extremely high. I used a recipe right out of a book I had but it was undrinkable. I threw out most of it but I had two gallons of apple wine that while it still had too much acid was lower than the other stuff so I went out and got another gallon of juice added it to it. That brought things to where they needed to be but it set me back to the beginning. I was already on my second racking at that point. I just botteled it about 3 weeks ago. I don't know how its going to turn out. I don't have much hope for it but I tried anyway. I also made a batch of cider that should be ready in another month. I tried one a week ago and it tasted like cheap beer. I'm hoping to work out a recipe and get some good stuff going as soon as I get in the new house. I think I forgot to write it in the intro but I've been making only fruit wine and such(trying to anyway).:(

Back