Hello... about ready to start brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batonga

Reaction score
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself, Batonga. I'm about ready to start homebrewing.

I found this forum while searching for the recipe for Abita Strawberry. I love beer, but in the summer, Abita strawberry is a go to lawn mowing thirst quencher, I love the stuff. Its always on short supply here in Alabama, so we buy in bulk and stock up when we can. I hope over the next couple of years to brewing something similar, that can help me cut my beer stocking dependence!

I have never brewed before but got a kit as a present upon completing grad school. I have a good friend who brews and he is going to to give me a crash course as I read the brewing bible and before I open up my kit.

Lagering a wheat beer with fruit, may be a bit of stretch out of the gate, but a simple fruit infused hefe might be my first attempt here in the next month or so! I will be reading and following along with all the advice and past experiences and recipes. Thanks !

Welcome to the obsession Batonga! This forum is the best. I've learned everything I know from here. I do not know anyone personally that brews but I hope to one day but for now the wife and I will enjoy brewing alone.

can you get homebrew supplies in alabama? isn't it illegal there?

Where there is a will there is a way.. My first brewing experiences were in 62 or 63.. can't remember exactly.. it was illegal.. but, if you looked hard enough.. and it was hard because there was no Google.. or even computers.. Fixin's were available.. even if they weren't sophisticated like today.

Back