Hell of a Pale Ale category!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletchsj

Reaction score
well I scored a 42 in the Pale Ale category at the Slurp and Burp and didn't place... Congrats to the other entrants.

BJCP regulated?

One of three things happened:

1) you entered a beer into world class competition
2) Tasting exhaustion caused by lack of judges
3) inexperienced judges

Sometimes when you get inexperienced judges or not enough judges together they score higher than they should. There is a chance that they are getting "alcohol exhaustion" or they just don't know the style. NOT saying your beer is not worth a 42, but maybe the other beers were scored up because of this.

BJCP regulated?

One of three things happened:

1) you entered a beer into world class competition
2) Tasting exhaustion caused by lack of judges
3) inexperienced judges

Sometimes when you get inexperienced judges or not enough judges together they score higher than they should. There is a chance that they are getting "alcohol exhaustion" or they just don't know the style. NOT saying your beer is not worth a 42, but maybe the other beers were scored up because of this.

Well I thing it was more of #1... There was some serious BIG GUNS at this comp. Almost 350 entries but there was a lot of American Ale flights...One of my Judges was a Grand Master 2 and the other is pretty darn experienced. Oh yeah... It was BJCP rated

I'm just more impressed with all the great beers yesterday.

Back