Heater? For stc-1000 and chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46andbrew

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a cheap heater for the stc-1000 I'm getting for my fermentation chest. I was looking at the lasko 100 just not sure if it would work. What do u guys use

Thanks

Some people will take a household light bulb and put in a small paint can with the appropriate fittings and wiring. This will, when connected to the "heat" side of the controller, act as a radiant heat source.

I think it would work fine. I use a larger one, in my spare bedroom. Works great. The idea is to find one that can run "all the time", but be controlled by an external controller. If the switch is "instant on" (ie, the rocker switch doesn't stay in the "ON" position), it will turn itself off for good after one cycle. You don't want that. You need one that STAYS on (the switch, I mean) even when the power is turned off.

MC

I use the Lasko. 200W and has a fan to help circulate the air. I picked it up at the local WalyMart for <$15. A better solution than the light bulb, imho.

Ya I saw the light bulb heater but the materials r 12 bucks and I figured if I could by a heater for 15-20 I would just do that

Back