Heat Shrinkable Film Cap Wine Bottle Heat Shrink Capsule Seal Cover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willygilly

Reaction score
I saw these for sale on eBay and it got me thinking that maybe they would seal a screw cap beer bottle. Maybe if not by them selves then with a cork that could be added to the bottle opening and then apply the Heat Shrinkable Seal Cover. I have a lot of screw cap bottles that I can't use for bottling, but this combination might work, and they can be purchased on eBay for ~$0.09/ea. The rubber corks could be sanitized and reused. If you want to have a look search eBay for Wine Bottle Heat Shrink Capsule Seal Cover.

I doubt the thin glass of twist-off beer bottles could handle the pressure of the corking process. I’m not even sure crown cap bottles could either for that matter.

Hmmm. You may be right about that. I really can't speak from experience. So, maybe the screw cap can be replaced and then the Heat Shrinkable Seal Cover can be applied. I may try a few with this batch of pale ale just to see. I'll post my results here in a few weeks.

Back