Heady Topper $15 a can!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heady is a great beer but idk about $15 a can...

Try to brew your own! I brew a half-assed version... Get some Perl malt, Apollo hops and some Vermont IPA yeast by giga yeast. Mash low and put in a ton of hops! It's a great beer. There's several threads on here on how to try and clone it and it wont be $15 a pint!

Few months back local stores were charging $20 for a 12oz bottle of dogfish head 120 and they were selling fast. It's a really good beer but not even close for that price. All those popular beers commanding rediculous prices helped push me into homebrewing.

Heady is a great beer but idk about $15 a can...

Try to brew your own! I brew a half-assed version... Get some Perl malt, Apollo hops and some Vermont IPA yeast by giga yeast. Mash low and put in a ton of hops! It's a great beer. There's several threads on here on how to try and clone it and it wont be $15 a pint!

I'm doing this next week! Got some 2nd gen Conan from Giga and a can of hop extract on the way from Farmhouse. Probably going to be about $60-70 for a 10g batch...but that's a lot of heady and still less than $1 a pint.

Some lawyer in VT got busted for trying to sell Heady Topper on eBay. Mine always ends up being free. In-laws show up, beer fridge fills up with Heady.

I'm doing this next week! Got some 2nd gen Conan from Giga and a can of hop extract on the way from Farmhouse. Probably going to be about $60-70 for a 10g batch...but that's a lot of heady and still less than $1 a pint.

Sounds awesome man! $60-70 ain't bad! :ban:

You can buy the kit which is close enough, in my opinion, for significantly less than that.

I agree with whoever said its a really great beer, but not $15 a can great.

I think $10 is too much for a 6 pack... $15 for a single can? Then again I'm a homebrewer not a beer snob.

Some lawyer in VT got busted for trying to sell Heady Topper on eBay. Mine always ends up being free. In-laws show up, beer fridge fills up with Heady.

If the authorities got wind of the CL ad in time, the lister will probably get the same treatment as Stephenie Hoffman.

Having had Heady of a few occasions, its no where near 15$/can IMO. I honestly dont even feel its worth all its hype. My .02 though...

Headys is a great beer, but not at 15$ a can. It usually sells for 8$ a can in restuarants and bars in northern vermont. It is almost always available in establishments, never in stores. It's good, but vermont has so many great beers!

Having had Heady of a few occasions, its no where near 15$/can IMO. I honestly dont even feel its worth all its hype. My .02 though...

I sort of agree. It's hard to live up to the level of hype this beer gets. It pretty much goes with anything that gets hyped up big. I had heard so much about Heady then I finally got to have some at a funeral and I was sort of surprised as how it tasted. I know it was fresh too because my buddy had just gotten back from VT from attending a wedding. Sure, it's a good beer, but I really don't know what makes it so special that causes people to go above and beyond the call of duty to get their hands on some. There are so many good beers out there these days to get caught up in something like $15 a can for 1 of them. Not to mention, us as homebrewers, can make some of the best and freshest beer around! :ban:

Good for them though. I'd love to have a product that made people act like that!

I sort of agree. It's hard to live up to the level of hype this beer gets. It pretty much goes with anything that gets hyped up big. I had heard so much about Heady then I finally got to have some at a funeral and I was sort of surprised as how it tasted. I know it was fresh too because my buddy had just gotten back from VT from attending a wedding. Sure, it's a good beer, but I really don't know what makes it so special that causes people to go above and beyond the call of duty to get their hands on some. There are so many good beers out there these days to get caught up in something like $15 a can for 1 of them. Not to mention, us as homebrewers, can make some of the best and freshest beer around! :ban:

Good for them though. I'd love to have a product that made people act like that!

Agreed. Honestly, I felt the same way when I had Dark Lord. Was it good? Yeah. But I think KBS is the better beer. Its just because its from FFF (which is my favorite brewery and they crank out consistently, amazing beer) and the hype that surrounds it.

Forgot about her and that incident. I wonder what the final legal outcome was?

Apparently nothing......http://archive.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20131231/NEWS02/312310025/Woman-accused-selling-Heady-Topper-avoids-prosecution

People think they're being so damn clever on Craigslist. I saw some jackoff trying to sell some seasonal ultrahype beers on there. Only he wasn't selling the bottle. He'd taken the label off and said, "You are paying for the label. I also have all these brown bottles that I need to get rid of. You get one bottle for free with every label purchase." Another guy said, "You're paying for this cash register receipt. The stuff I bought on the recepit is inconsequential, but you can have it for free."

There's some real clever prison yard lawyers in the world.

Back