Heading to Iceland, beer recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oceanic_brew

Reaction score
Heading out to see Radiohead and Deftones at Secret Solstice. I would imagine Reykjavik has some interesting beer choices.

Any recommendations for places or varieties?

Sounds like a great show.

I can't remember if it was Iceland or Norway or what, but there was an article like last year where they described a dung smoked ale. Sounds horrible - I'd love to try it. If you can track that stuff down please pics!!!!

Have fun!

TIP: Bring lots of money, because beer is super expensive! Thule is a common beer there. The challenge for brewing beer in Iceland is that its very hard to grow ingredients, so everything has to be imported.

I was there in 2009 for an event called Innipukinn, and saw a couple of Icelandic bands perform. Agent Fresco will be playing at Secret Solstice on June 17. Google their album "Light Bulb Universe" it is amazing, and they really put on a good show. Another band i was really impressed with is Dikta.

Here is a link to a few of their tunes:
Agent Fresco - Silhouette-Palette
Agent Fresco = Eyes of a Cloud Catcher

You can give just about all their songs a listen on their website:
Agent Fresco

Have a great time. Drink until the sun goes down (which it won't, on account of how far north you are ;) )

Hi, Borg Brugghús are my favorites, they have a all year selection of ipa, session ipa, nordic saison, porter and stout. Gæðingur, Ölvisholt, Einstök are a few of the other breweries making some good stuff. For pubs check out Skúli, Micro, Mikkeller in downtown Reykjavík and Bryggjan Brugghús is a great brew pub near downtown.

Cheers from Iceland

TIP: Bring lots of money, because beer is super expensive! Thule is a common beer there. The challenge for brewing beer in Iceland is that its very hard to grow ingredients, so everything has to be imported.

I was there in 2009 for an event called Innipukinn, and saw a couple of Icelandic bands perform. Agent Fresco will be playing at Secret Solstice on June 17. Google their album "Light Bulb Universe" it is amazing, and they really put on a good show. Another band i was really impressed with is Dikta.

Here is a link to a few of their tunes:
Agent Fresco - Silhouette-Palette
Agent Fresco = Eyes of a Cloud Catcher

You can give just about all their songs a listen on their website:
Agent Fresco

Have a great time. Drink until the sun goes down (which it won't, on account of how far north you are ;) )

We saw agent fresco last night! Very talented band!

Going to try the whale testicle dung beer in a couple hours.

Will send pics.

Back