Heading to Austin, TX: where's the good beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quercus

Reaction score
SWMBO and I are headed to Austin, Texas in early May.

It will be a very short trip, just two nights, to see Wilco at Stubb's.

So, I'm trolling for brewpub, bar and restaurant suggestions. Let's hear 'em! :mug:

Not a brewpub or restaurant, but I wouldn't make a trip to Austin without at least swinging into:

AUSTIN HOMEBREW SUPPLY, LLC
7951 Burnet Road
Austin, TX 78757

:ban:

I'm guessing it's at EdWort's house! Just give him enough advance notice to fire up the green egg.

Anyhow, that's where I'd head for a pint, were I visiting the Austin area. :mug:

I think the Gingerman is on 4th street, but you might want to Google the address.
EDIT: here is the address - 304 West 4th Street, Austin, Texas 78701, (512) 473-8801
105 bottles
82 draft

Uncle Billy's Brew & Que
NxNW Brew Pub
The Gingerman

Those are the places I would visit and do visit. BJ's also has their brews plus brews from Real Ale and Live Oak breweries.

Thanks a lot, folks. I've heard of Gingerman, and we'll probably hit Uncle Billy's as well.

I'd love to pay a visit to AHS. Hopefully my wife will be equally enthusiastic.

Blacklab, I have no idea what you're typing about. Can I borrow a decoder ring?

While we're on the subject, any ideas on lodging downtown, preferably near Stubb's?

Thx,

Q.

Quercus said:
While we're on the subject, any ideas on lodging downtown, preferably near Stubb's?

That depends on how much money you have to spend. There's a new Marriott Courtyard and Residence in near Stubbs on 4th st (about 7 Blocks). The old Marriott on 11th st. is only 4 blocks away.

The Hampton Inn & Suites at 200 San Jacinto Boulevard, Austin, TX is close to Town Lake (about 8 blocks from Stubbs).

Stubbs is not in the best location in Austin if you know what I mean.

EdWort said:
That depends on how much money you have to spend. There's a new Marriott Courtyard and Residence in near Stubbs on 4th st (about 7 Blocks). The old Marriott on 11th st. is only 4 blocks away.

The Hampton Inn & Suites at 200 San Jacinto Boulevard, Austin, TX is close to Town Lake (about 8 blocks from Stubbs).

Stubbs is not in the best location in Austin if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the guidance, Ed.

I'd like to keep it well under $200 per night. This trip is already a bit extravegant, by our standards.

I would recommend the new Residence Inn or Courtyard downtown. I've stayed there. Nice places and a good location for 6th street action, and the pubs on 4th street.

Back