HBT'ers in person

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evan! pretty much seems to be the same here on the forum and in person. What you see is what you get.

We actually ran across each other randomly the other day, and neither one of us knew it. Later he was like, were you at Cap Ale? I, however, didn't even notice :drunk:

Ok, I'll go. Had the pleasure of meeting EdWort and Caspio on the same day at Sierra Nevada for a tour and lunch. Didn't get a whole lot of time to socialize...we were too busy grilling the tour guide and then stuffing our faces with beer and food :D.

Edwort - a tall, kind man with a LOT of brewing knowledge. Polite and sociable without monopolizing the conversation.

Caspio - intelligent, soft spoken young brewer. for only a year of brewing he sure knows a lot...and has some neat equipment!

Jaybird - Tons of fun, gregarious and infromative. Great source of information on brewing and knows a lot about the process and business of brewing beer. Very generous person!

199q - Is he old enough to legally brew??? Yes, but just barely. Nice young guy, very gung ho about brewing and winemaking. Good listener and seems slike a sharp fellow.

I met Warrior last weekend to get my grain.

Very nice guy and he brews great beer. He's as laid back in person as he is on here.

I met Warrior last weekend to get my grain.

Very nice guy and he brews great beer. He's as laid back in person as he is on here.
I've been out on the town with Warior and over his house for dinner during a few of my trips out to York. Always a treat.

EDIT:

The other night I was in Warren, MI and met several members, of which I know I have forgotten one or two, OK, to me names come under "short-term memory" (actually, I'm not very good with names, never have been...I still call one of my brother's "****-head)...hehe!!

I find it amazing that so many diverse personalities can be interested in the same hobby.

So here goes:

8-1 is Revvy
13-1 is Henry Hill and on the right is...all I can remember is SNOB
11-1 is Terrapin Chef and ??? on his left
10-1 is ?? and ??

...and ME, I'm not pictured...

(If I forgot to list your name PLEASE do not take it personal...I knew I should have taken notes...:eek:)

P2110008-1.jpg

P2110013-1.jpg

P2110011-1.jpg

P2110010-1.jpg

I'm so glad you bumped this, Yoop. I was looking for this thread a few months ago.

PseudoChef - He does indeed look like he's 14, but he's super easy to get along with, very knowledgable about beer, can probably drink most people under the table and is a devoted family man. Ummmmm wait, I mean he's an a-hole... ya!

olllllo - He knows more about the people of beer than anyone that I've ever met. Someday I hope to be able to say that I've had the beer related travel experiences that he's had... somehow, like most of us here - myself included, he married up. :D

ClayOf2Day - Much smarter than a simple IT guy like me. He, Bearcat Brewmeister and PseudoChef started talking science at dinner and my eyes glazed over. Laid back and easy to get aong with.

ChrisK - Quiet and unassuming, but really knows and appreciates beer. I didn't get a chance to talk to him much at NHC '08.

MrFebtober - Easy to talk to and throw back a few beers with. Stuck me as a "Brewgyver' kind of guy - one that can make just about anything work in a brewery.

BrewWench - MrFebtober's wife has huge.... personality :)D). I was impressed with how much she knew about beer and thought it was great that she recognized her husband's passion for beer and embraced it. She was awesome at NHC '08 Club Night helping out with whatever needed done.

Reverend JC - This is a dude that I could sit and drink with all day. We talked for a couple hours about nothing but beer and it seemed like 10 minutes. Very knowledgable about beer and brewing and a very friendly personality. He takes beer just as seriously as I do, which I've found to be pretty rare... he has a passion for it and that is obvious after you sit down and talk to him for about 2 minutes.

the_bird - I mean this in the nicest way possible (and realize that I consider myself a dork too), the_bird is the coolest dorky guy I've ever met. He's a very proud papa with a fantastic wife and he has a great ability to critique a beer and jump in to get conversation going when a group of strangers get together for dinner. :D

SOB - I enjoyed SOB's company. He made me laugh, he loves beer, and he only lives like 30 minutes from me. As I write this I have no idea why I haven't contacted him to meet up to brew or grab some grub again.

Bearcat Brewmeister - He's a scientist, so he's a joy to talk to about the 'geekanese' of beer. Very energitic and passionate about his beer. Eager to share his beer - which is a very good thing!

I think that covers all of the HBT'ers I've met. if I've forgotten anyone, I apologize!

To add a slight twist to this thread (Sorry Yoop, I'm not trying to threadjack!)... who are the HBT'ers that you'd most like to meet in person based on the descriptions that you've read here?

For me it's Evan!, Brewtopia, Brewpastor, Yuri_Rage, Bobby_M, kaiser and Laughing_Gnome (because he's only a coupel of hours from me and he's a crazy bastard lol)

I just found this thread

I met Beerific, Brewiz, MikeG & Ed from brewmasters warehouse a month or so ago.

Beerific: Knows his stuff about beer. Very easy to sit & talk to. He brews a very fine weissbock.

MikeG: Super cool guy even though we are from different worlds (City/country thing) He & his SWMBO (Who is very attractive) make quite a team!

Brewiz: Very knowlegable about beer, and also has quite a few connections I need to explore. I was honored to have him come to our gathering.

Ed (BMW): wow, this guy has his head in the game. Loves beer & really cares about his customers.

I also had Hook_dupin call me one day to ask if he could come help me brew. Hook lives in the desert in Cali, I live in the Mtns of SWVA. I was a little suprised when he called. He married a very good friend of mine. They were back home visiting her parents, and he came & helped me brew & drink one day, and brought a very tasty brown ale, and a right respecatble christmas ale. A very cool guy with an uber cool job.

Cool thread. I wanna meet more HBTers

Back