HBT world record holder?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan_L

Reaction score
So the post about simultaneous brewing 1000 miles away got me thinking.

I couldn't find a current record for this soooo...

What if everyone brewed a batch of beer on the same day, pitched yeast at a predetermined time, and posted a pic as proof? Think we could set a Guiness world record for most beer (homemade) brewed at one time?

"All Guinness World Records must also fulfil some key criteria including:
Measurable (fastest, longest, heaviest, most)
Based on a single variable (we cannot recognise the longest fastest item, only the fastest OR the longest)
Verifiable (can you prove it?)
Breakable (all our records must be open to being challenged)
Beyond that, the world of record-breaking is wonderfully diverse and as broad as your imagination! "

I submitted the idea to see if they would approve it as a new record category (couldn't find a current one)

In the off chance that they accept it, is there any interest in this?

The issue I see is for it to be a record, typically they require an official to be there to witness the record setting as proof it was accomplished and not forged or lied about. With that many people brewing at different locations it would not be capable of being proven. Everyone would need to be in one location at the same time. Similar to the world record for guitars simultaneously playing Smoke on the Water at the same time.

Smoke On The Water... Hilarious!

Definitely check into the simultaneous single location brew idea! I bet there are some decent sized brews like this at events, but wonder if they've been. documented. Would be a ton of fun... But logistics a potential nightmare...

It depends on what they would consider as proof I guess. Should get a response in 4-6 weeks. Meh, was just a random idea, if it won't fly, no biggie...doesn't hurt to ask.

Latest posts

Back