HBT NFL mock draft '10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to keep moving. The Bucs select Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida.

claphamsa is now on the clock for the Chiefs.

Speaking of the steelers and bad decisions.....

Santonio Holmes is now playing for the Jets.

yeah kinda odd... hes suspended the first 4 games, and in his walk year.... interesting move by the Jets!

I think it will be a win win trade.
Steelers were already planning on not renewing him after this year and I'm sure Rooney is upset and disappointed but off-season problems for the team. A 5th round pick is not much but its better than nothing.
Jets get a very talented receiver for most of a year who may have some motivation to play hard and keep himself clean. Should make them tougher and provide a good target for their young QB.

Like Buress before him I'm not sorry to see him go despite his production and ability.

Now if Rothelisburger could just grow up ... :(

Craig

So who thinks 2nd round trades are going to see a big increase this year?

With the 3 day format of the draft I would expect a considerable amount of overnight work and movement between rounds 1 and 2. I expect the early 2nd round picks may have more value, or atleast interest, than is normally seen.

Craig

I think it will be a win win trade.
Steelers were already planning on not renewing him after this year and I'm sure Rooney is upset and disappointed but off-season problems for the team. A 5th round pick is not much but its better than nothing.
Jets get a very talented receiver for most of a year who may have some motivation to play hard and keep himself clean. Should make them tougher and provide a good target for their young QB.

Like Buress before him I'm not sorry to see him go despite his production and ability.

Now if Rothelisburger could just grow up ... :(

Craig

Has it been officially announced yet? I had heard on the radio this morning that it was holmes for a 5th but nothing offical yet. They also said they heard that leon washington might have been part of the deal.

With the 3 day format of the draft I would expect a considerable amount of overnight work and movement between rounds 1 and 2. I expect the early 2nd round picks may have more value, or atleast interest, than is normally seen.

Craig

I concur! I think well see some excitement! When is round 1? friday night? ill probably be asleep before the Bengals pick :(

I'm looking forward to seeing how Bill Belichick will swing some trades so he can turn all his second-round picks into even more second-round picks. He loves second-round picks like a fat kid loves cake.

Ive also read in a couple of places that Jared Gaither will be moved... possibly to Dallas before the draft. then again, if any team in the league would pay to hang on to 2 franchise tackles.... it would be Baltimore.

Has it been officially announced yet? I had heard on the radio this morning that it was holmes for a 5th but nothing offical yet. They also said they heard that leon washington might have been part of the deal.

Havn't heard officially yet but news reports in Pittsburgh seem to indicate it is definite.

Steelers now have 4 - 5th round picks and the need for another starting WR. I hope Wallace continues his improvement. :eek:

I would have expected the skins to take Tebow here, but since he's gone - I think they're going to look to the future here and select Tony Pike, QB, Cincy.

They need a quality QB to groom in the next few years, and the Skins have noted that they'll still look to QB in this draft even after getting McNabb.

Since they really don't have this pick anymore - I think Pike would be the way to go.

I still have quite a few guys available that I like here. No one wants to trade up to get great value for a guy that will most likely be gone in the first 20 picks - Sean Weatherspoon?

The more I look at this board, the more and more I think that Miami would want to move up to get Everson Griffen. I think that they would have taken Derek Morgan over Dez Bryant if he was still on the board, but since he wasn't, we gave them the BPA at a position of need.

Something like Lions get picks #43 and #110, Dolphins get #38 and #214.

If I don't hear from anyone by later this evening confirming that this is an ok deal, or offering up another deal, then I'll just make a pick. I *may* not get back on until the morning, but rest assured that I will make the pick.

The Detroit Lions select Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama.

eriktlupus is now on the clock for the Raiders.

dangit OB!

seeing as how we need all the help we can get in the secondary(and everywhere else) the raiders will select kyle wilson,cb,boise state

i really think they need some o-line help to protect their QB since they spent more time on their asses than actually passing last yr but not liking what's left on the board here.

dangit OB!

seeing as how we need all the help we can get in the secondary(and everywhere else) the raiders will select kyle wilson,cb,boise state

i really think they need some o-line help to protect their QB since they spent more time on their asses than actually passing last yr but not liking what's left on the board here.

I don't think that Baltimore would like it if you did that.

[SIZE=-1]25 Baltimore (dataz722) - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State[/SIZE]

Interesting piece from Wes Bunting on NFP, titled "Five Prospects Who Aren't Worth The Love". He slates (my pick) Sergio Kindle, plus McCoy, Golden Tate and a couple of others:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Five-prospects-who-arent-worth-the-love.html

Bunting's evaluation of prospects has at times been wildly different from what I've seen elsewhere, so it'll be interesting to see how many GMs share his views come draft day.

Coming into the draft San Diego had 2 needs RB and NT with losses of Tomlinson and Williams. After taking a RB in the 1st round they now need to address the NT position. Looking around on the free agent market there aren't many quality DL's available that won't command some money so hey if I'm San Diego I need to look at the draft. The obvious choice is next in line. Brian Price, Terrence Cody, Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph. 3 are true NT's 1 would be a convert. I go with the NT experience and the best left at this point......
The San Diego Chargers at pick #40 take: Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama

Dolphins give up #2 this year and next for marshall!

After they took Dez Bryant in the 1st?

Edit: Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I see now. This deal happened for real. Pay no attention to me, I hadn't checked PFT yet when I posted that.

Dolphins give up #2 this year and next for marshall!

Bye Bye problem child! The guy lived in Denver and couldn't stay out of trouble now he's going to Miami? Good luck with that one. He's going to sign one of the biggest deals in NFL history for WR, still have the problems and a mediocre quarterback. What did Denver lose? Nothing and gained 2nd round picks. If I was Josh I would have packed his bags and payed his airfare out.

Bye Bye problem child! The guy lived in Denver and couldn't stay out of trouble now he's going to Miami? Good luck with that one. He's going to sign one of the biggest deals in NFL history for WR, still have the problems and a mediocre quarterback. What did Denver lose? Nothing and gained 2nd round picks. If I was Josh I would have packed his bags and payed his airfare out.

tell us how you really feel :p

There's no room in the league for prima donna's. They should put 'em all on the same team. Call it the Prima Trouble Team and run a camera in the locker room during half time. Now that would be a great half time show.
So does how do we handle the #43 pick?

There's no room in the league for prima donna's. They should put 'em all on the same team. Call it the Prima Trouble Team and run a camera in the locker room during half time. Now that would be a great half time show.
?

you mean the jets?

Arizona is going to try to fill the hole left by Dansby so they are getting Sean Weatherspoon, OLB from Missouri. The NFC West is in rebuilding mode and I think this is the year the Niners win the West and make it back to the playoffs, but don't get very deep.

Arizona is going to try to fill the hole left by Dansby so they are getting Sean Weatherspoon, OLB from Missouri. The NFC West is in rebuilding mode and I think this is the year the Niners win the West and make it back to the playoffs, but don't get very deep.

Well, since the trade it's Denver's pick now. So when #43 comes round, I guess that means you're on the clock. :mug:

I think we're going to have to pretend that the trade never happened for the purposes of this draft. We had Miami addressing their WR needs with Dez Bryant. Obviously that's not going to happen now. If we acknowledge the trade and give Denver Miami's 2nd this year from the Marshall trade, then we would almost have to go back and make a different selection for Miami, which would obviously change every single pick afterward.

So unless you guys want to start over from Miami's 1st round pick, dataz722 is on the clock for the Bucs.

I think dataz722 usually hits the site every day, so we'll give him a while longer to make this selection. If it hasn't been made by around 1am EST or so, we'll make the pick.

Back