HBT... my story (and why beer is taking over my apartment)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First off... I may have had 1 too many Apfelwein's....

All off you (I was going to say guys but then I remembered all off the great advice from Yooper) have done more to foster and encourage the homebrew obsession more than i could possibly imagine. I haven't posted much but I have been devouring the search function and stalking the new post threads as much as possible. Being a scientist (albeit a young one) I read Palmer's book cover to cover before I even attempted my first batch, but the wealth of information on this site has given me so many ways to refine my process with each progressive batch... If only I could be more patient.

I totally screwed up my first batch (still not sure what the problem was), but it probably was not an acetobacter infection (thank you Revvy for reaming me a new one for my Noob know-it-all-ness... but it still sucked). I have since brewed several extract batches, all progressively better, and thanks to a Home Depot sale on beverage coolers am about to make the leap to grain (great DeathBrewer post on partial mash got me thinking).

I've even purchased one of those delightful magic chef chest freezers (7.2 cu ft) and currently have one corny w/ picnic tap. I am looking forward expanding and building myself a first rate keezer.

The moral of this story: All of you chronic HBT'ers, you have converted 1 more. I will be joining officially and financially this week. Job well done.

It only gets worse form here. These people suck you in and make you one of them. They are the brewing ZOMBIES of HBT.com.!!!

Edit....
You want to trade a bottle of Pomegranate Apfelwein...your version for mine?

Oh, I know how this obsession starts. One day, you're just thinking, "Hmm, Mr. Beer? They make beer at home?".

Soon, you're going to the National Homebrewer's Conference and having Ray Daniels try your IPA. You're talking to perfect strangers in the liquor store on the merits of certain hops. It just never ends! :D

It always amazes me the way my carboys keep multiplying year after year. It's as if they're mating or something.

Welcome to the hobby.

va homebrew, lol im right there with you. I came across HBT and never looked back. This place is creating an army of homebrewers. Lol o ya im in va were ya located at, im in hampton roads area.

That's why you have to cover them, so they don't mate. :cross:

Speak for yourself. I cover mine and they still multiply like bunnies. I'm up to seven now and this week I had a three domino chain set up where I had to rack in correct order to free up the right pail so I could bottle a batch.

:mug:

Tell me about it, first it was the carboys, then some of the stuff mutated into AG and took over the garage.

Latest posts

Back