HBT Fantasy Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, am I reading this wrong?

ONLY FOUR teams (out of 20!) will make it to the playoffs?
That seems a bit strict, no?

Nope, just top 4. Next year, we'll actually think about the rules for the league.

Is it possible to make this League a Legacy League?

What's a legacy league? Is that like a keepers league? If so I vote no. Some of us are dealing with an auto draft or a team drafted by someone else, it doesn't leave us with a ton of trade value players.

And furthermore it's a 20 team league, there are hardly any pick ups worth anything at all on waivers to replace those who are in prison or worse, are Eli

Good points, but if, say, 4-8 teams drop out we can have a draft of the available players.
From my autodrafted team my 2nd and 3rd round picks have played 5 quarters of football combined.

Suck it NFL.com :ban:

NFL Game Center.jpg

I actually like the 20 team format. We just need to get some other good HBTers to fill empty slots and fix rules.

Well shoot, everything looks good from the #1 spot...

Well I won't be there much longer. I think the special teams points going to the D sucks, also not a fan of the 4 team playoff. Should be 8 for a league this size. I wouldn't mind to see #2 get some consolation beers, although how to work that out so everyone isn't paying to send beer to two folks, shipping twice etc will take some thought.

I wouldn't mind to see #2 get some consolation beers, although how to work that out so everyone isn't paying to send beer to two folks, shipping twice etc will take some thought.

#'s 17-20 send to #2, #'s 3-16 send to #1?

Means we keep a certain percentage (or all) of the players on our team for next season, instead of having a full draft next year we'd only have a partial draft.

I've usually heard of designating one or two franchise players.

#'s 17-20 send to #2, #'s 3-16 send to #1?

Problem with that is then #1 might not get best beers. Sure, #1 gets more beers, but if the guy sending Allagash Coolship sucks it up (as an example) and has to to send it to #2, #1 would (or at least should) be pissed.

Problem with that is then #1 might not get best beers. Sure, #1 gets more beers, but if the guy sending Allagash Coolship sucks it up (as an example) and has to to send it to #2, #1 would (or at least should) be pissed.

Yeah I'll be pissed if no one sends me coolship

Well, hopefully the volume being sent to #1 would even it out overall. I still agree that it would be nice if 1 and 2 both got something, but it would have to be agreed upon by at least a majority at the beginning.

Just like you don't know who is going to be on the bottom sending the beer, you don't know who is going to be on top and what style of beer they would value most.

Wouldn't hold my breath, they found out the tire treads, we are looking for a full size pickup (dur) with Goodyear wrangler A/t tires, that's roughly 95% of the people in my state.

And the prints didn't turn anything up, the crews all checked out, and the 4 wheeler likely won't be registered as only about half the population bothers with that.

Unless... just an idea, everyone was also in for a bottle of homebrew, winner gets all the commercial beers 2nd gets all homebrew.

That still means everyone would be in for shipping 2 packages.

Maybe agree on the #'s to go to each (16 for #1, 2 for #2, whatever), then do a random drawing at the end of the season to determine who sends where?

Hopefully everyone is sending good beer out, but it's tough to put a value on it ahead of time or to say that the #2 should get the 'lesser' beer.

That still means everyone would be in for shipping 2 packages.

Maybe agree on the #'s to go to each (16 for #1, 2 for #2, whatever), then do a random drawing at the end of the season to determine who sends where?

Hopefully everyone is sending good beer out, but it's tough to put a value on it ahead of time or to say that the #2 should get the 'lesser' beer.

How about bottom 5 are punished by having to send 2 bottles? The second being homebrew.

For the record my homebrew is way better than the swill that nizzle drinks on the regular. Friggen homer

How about bottom 5 are punished by having to send 2 bottles? The second being homebrew.

For the record my homebrew is way better than the swill that nizzle drinks on the regular. Friggen homer

This year's winner decides next year's payout format?

I think if we do a 20 person league next year, reduce the bench size to 2 or 3 players. That way everyone will have to pick up players on a consistent basis. I went looking for a defense Tuesday since mine was on a bye week, there were none available, I think the giants became available after the waiver. If you need a QB right now, you won't get a starter.

I think if we do a 20 person league next year, reduce the bench size to 2 or 3 players. That way everyone will have to pick up players on a consistent basis. I went looking for a defense Tuesday since mine was on a bye week, there were none available, I think the giants became available after the waiver. If you need a QB right now, you won't get a starter.

Deeper bench encourages trading.

You need a QB? I'm your man!

Same for RBs I was scrambling to pick one up 5 minutes before kick off because mine went IR at the last minute. I ended up keeping him in and they played him for a few plays 1.9 pts!, but there were none that were going to play more than a few carries on waivers.

Deeper bench encourages trading.

You need a QB? I'm your man!

Problem with that is I barely have anyone on my team that anyone is going to find interesting, I'd be trading my best players for someone backup whatever, just to make it a fair trade

Problem with that is I barely have anyone on my team that anyone is going to find interesting, I'd be trading my best players for someone backup whatever, just to make it a fair trade

Where is that tiniest violin in the world smiley when you need it...;)

Hate 20 teams but what do you mean about empty slots? Did people drop out?

That's how you got a team.

It's disturbed chemist still playing? Or at least setting a lineup? He had a few inactive players in when I played him but I've had weeks where that's happened too because I set my lineup too early

I think I've done well with what I have to work with thank you very much.

Oh, and bite me.

I'm just feeling good because my team performed well this week, but I'm sure I'll be back to bottom-dwelling by next week.

Weeks 8 and 9 are gonna be rough for everyone with 6 teams on byes each week.

That's how you got a team.

It's disturbed chemist still playing? Or at least setting a lineup? He had a few inactive players in when I played him but I've had weeks where that's happened too because I set my lineup too early

He's still sending beer, he just gave up. Everyone else has started paying attention, or at least setting lineups. For a while there, we had a few who weren't.

Thank you Eli 'Pick 6' Manning. It may as well be a crushing defeat.

Lools like the guy im playings last hope was placed inactive before the game. Sweet I needed the win after that bs last week

Lots of good points raised here.

20 team league AND the waiver wire system as it is don't well that well together.
Also, I like the "light bench" idea so there is a more decent selection on the waiver wire.

Also, it's been mentioned many times on this gigantic thread but the RB depth is beyond pathetic (not to mention all the injuries).

To alleviate that, we can limit the RB number for each team to 4. (4 RBs max per team)
This should leave a decent number of sub-scrub RBs on the waiver wire for people to pick up.

As far as picking up waiver wire replacements, look at your matchups and see if you can make do without one.
I did it when my (pathetic) TE was on a bye (no replacement) and I still won.

Back