Hawaiian-Themed Mead for Wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eogaard

Reaction score
I just recently got engaged and my fiance and I have pretty much decided to go with a Hawaiian themed wedding. As its still about 2 years away I was thinking I'd make a mead for the occasion for everyone to enjoy, but can't decide on something that would fit the bill. I've heard of pineapple mead, but that might be a bit of a niche flavor, so maybe oranges? Maybe some strawberries? Maybe add a little pineapple to one of those? What do you guys think?

I think just about any tropical fruit or fruit blend would work well. Mango, pineapple, banana, guava, papaya, etc...
Regards, GF.

I'd go pineapple, mango, or a combo of the two...I've got a mango mead bulk aging now, mango comes through well enough, started with a lower OG than "typical" for me, so am hoping there's enough oomph left in the yeast to bottle carb....MMM Mmm mmm...

Back