Having your own beer on tap !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lehr

Reaction score
I've only brewed one beer and it's still green but it's so cool and satisfying to go down stairs and pull a pint of your own beer...I love this stuff !

Pat

yes sir, yes it is. But beware. There are gremlins in those there kegs! Kegged beer disappears MUCH faster than bottles. I just added a blower to move cold air into my tap box last night. It's like a never ending project that keezer. Now that I think i have all the kinks worked out, I'm starting to redesign the tap box. Will it ever be done?

And beware of the "friend".

The "friend" has started coming around a lot more now that I've got two lines going. And he always arrives thirsty...

I can't wait until this afternoon... My three taps in my kitchen will be hooked up! Too bad I only have one beer in a keg and ready to go.

And beware of the "friend".

The "friend" has started coming around a lot more now that I've got two lines going. And he always arrives thirsty...

Ahh...you speak the truth. I have a buddy who has been coming over often because he had his boat at my place selling it. Anyways, I always gave him a beer that I actually made for him anyways, but he said "I am going to have to stop by here every day and have a beer".

I hope not just a bar, but a complete man cave. Toss a microwave down there too and you never have to climb the steps, except to brew more.;) I want pics when your done.

A man cave it will be...Its close now I have a gym down there ( I used to own a couple of gyms) a couple of leather sofas an extra dining room set and now the real man cave stuff my bicycle collection 8 or 10 hanging from the ceiling and half of the 69 camaro sheet metal I'm working is also hanging from the ceiling....Hillbilly heaven :D

Ok, if that's a man cave, let me tell you about a woman's life support system.

I have my computer set up in a home office, with a TV for the morning news, and a nice office chair. My dog has his throne, er bed, between the kegerator and my husband's desk. My kegerator is directly behind me. To get a beer, I have to spin my wheeled office chair, and the taps are at eye level that way. I don't even have to leave my seat to fill a beer.

Oh, sure, I'd rather have a bar and a pool table. But it's ok. I don't have to go to all that trouble of opening a fridge or leaving my chair.

Ok, if that's a man cave, let me tell you about a woman's life support system.

I have my computer set up in a home office, with a TV for the morning news, and a nice office chair. My dog has his throne, er bed, between the kegerator and my husband's desk. My kegerator is directly behind me. To get a beer, I have to spin my wheeled office chair, and the taps are at eye level that way. I don't even have to leave my seat to fill a beer.

Oh, sure, I'd rather have a bar and a pool table. But it's ok. I don't have to go to all that trouble of opening a fridge or leaving my chair.

Sound's great Yooper My man cave would not be complete without my Queen. My wife's family is from St.Ignace...I'm just a troll.

I hope not just a bar, but a complete man cave. Toss a microwave down there too and you never have to climb the steps, except to brew more.;) I want pics when your done.

A REAL Man cave would be equipped with a Brewery, Whats this talk about walking upstairs to brew? Phfft!

I own a pretty nice custom mtn bike but that hanging '69 sheet metal... I feel a stiffie coming on. Oops it dropped, I realized I have to carry the parts upstairs to install them. :( maybe better just to leave them up for decoration. ;)

The last parts I had hanging down there were 1932 Ford roadster parts so 69 parts are no big deal. I have the parts down there because I'm putting the rest of the car on the rotiserie so I can paint the bottom.

Hey fixie I have a fixie I ride that more than any bike I have and when I mountian bike I ride my single speed the most.

Pat

Back