Have you ever brewed beer so good...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearfootbrewer

Reaction score
Have you ever brewed beer so good, as you were drinking it you could not believe you brewed it?

I have one of those moments last night. I popped the top off one of my 1610 brown ales and sat down. As I was drinking it, it tasted so good. I had to get up and check the bottle to make sure it was a beer I brewed. Lets just say I was proud of myself.:ban:

Have you ever had this happen to you?

Dont'cha just love those moments? And I'll never forget those recipes: Golden Promise/Centennial SMASH, Yooper's Hoppy American Amber, Jim's Oatmeal Stout, and a simple all-Pilsner saison.

I still giggle when I pull a draft, hold it up to the light to see the clarity, and then take a rewarding sip. It's even better when somebody stops by the house and make the "oh that's nice" face when you tell them you brew. Then you get to see the "OH, WOW!" face after they try it. :tank:

Mine was a 2 gallon "test" batch of my first English Bitter. It is now my favorite beer to drink, but all I could think is "DAMNIT!!!!! all I brewed was 2 gallons." I've brewed a few 10 gallon batches of the same recipe and all have been very good, but none as good as the 1st one. I keep tweaking and brewing until one day I WILL get the same result.

Others that I have really liked I get that "OH NO!!!! THE KEG IS EMPTY!" response. That always sucks!

When you get to knocking out recipes consistently you'll find your biggest First World Problem will be trying to find something as tasty when you're away from your home brew...And trust me, the Outside World is full of disappointment...

Cheers! :D

When you get to knocking out recipes consistently you'll find your biggest First World Problem will be trying to find something as tasty when you're away from your home brew...And trust me, the Outside World is full of disappointment...

Cheers! :D

+1

I'm not one to brag about my homebrew, but I've had a good number of occasions where I try a commercial beer and think to myself "my version is better".

But yeah, I've had the "Really? I brewed this?" moment plenty of times.

+1 on all the comments.

I brewed a Double American Dark Ale, single hop, with my dried homegrown hops.

Double the pleasure. First, it's delicious, easily as good or better than some commercials. Second, I watched those babies come out of the soil, flourish, smell heavenly, harvested, dried, then boiled (4 additions totalling 8 oz. in the end).

Actually triple the pleasure, knowing that my 2yo bines will produce even more of these delicious morsels next year, plus I have 6 young vines that'll be in y2 next spring.

Ain't this a wonderful hobby / addiction!

Latest posts

Back