Have you ever been stuck on one beer? (yes) Ok, which?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinakajuice

Reaction score
Currently, I am completely stuck on Dogfishhead 60 min IPA. They recently started stocking at the grocery store so I don't have to go to a specialty store anymore. They have 90 min as well, but I would rather drink 6 beers vs. the 4 for the same buzz. I just like drinking beer, you know?

What beer are you stuck on or have you been stuck on?

disclaimer: I have been too busy to brew lately, otherwise I would say HB. I have only a few aged HBs left and then I am out.

Amber Ale:

I use 10 lbs of base, 1 lb of #60 crystal and 1 lb of carared. For hops I use 1 oz of centennial with a 60 minute boil, 1 oz of cascade at 15 minutes and another oz of cascade at 5 minutes. Both the wife and I like this. If I hand the wife a Sam Adams she takes one sip and says "what's this?..where's the home brew?"

Different beers at different times. It's been Hoegaarden, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, Lion's Stout, Shiner Bock and Leffe Blonde, have all been the beer versions of "earworms" for me at one time or another.

Right now I'm stuck on New Belgium's Trippel. It's crisp and a little fruity with a hint of coriander. At 7.8% for $6.99 a 6er it's also cheap! I'm also stuck on my rogue dead guy clone which isn't even carbonated yet. I actually like it warm and still. I'm trying as hard as I can to stay away from it!

I haven't been stuck on it, but I've been buying a lot of shiner bock lately. Just picked up a mixed 6 last week and I'm excited to try some new varieties that weren't in the mixed 12.

Im addicted to Great Lakes Commodore Perry. At 7.5% and less than $9 per 6 pack I find it to be a good deal and it gets the job done.

I wouldn't say "stuck" on it, but I bought 6 packs of Southern Tier 2XIPA twice this past month. It's not the only thing I picked up, but it's the fist time I've bought the same beer twice in the same month since I really got into craft beer.

Whenever I'm at the store here latley I've been stuck on the tacklebox from Sweetwater.
It has Ipa, 420 Pale ale, Road trip Pils w/ale yeast and Schwheat.

It's a tie between two beers right now and for the last several months: Southpaw and Pabst Blue Ribbon. They are so tasty... :D

Founders Red's RyePA, Pumking, Two Hearted, Nugget Nectar, I buy all the Breakfast Stout I see when it comes around.

My old standby is SN Pale Ale. I don't think I will ever get tired of it. I go through other phases too though. Been drinking a fair amount of Lagunitas IPA lately.

Been jonesing for some 60 minute actually. I am the type to drink 10/15 beers in a row with out repeating. That said I drank the crap out of my citra wheat. Had to go buy some beer so I didn't completely run out. Def gonna brew that again.

SN Kellerweiss lately because it is so damn hot down here! Before that it was Roquefort 8 but it was making too big a dent in my wallet....so I'm currently trying to clone it : )

Whenever I'm at the store here latley I've been stuck on the tacklebox from Sweetwater.
It has Ipa, 420 Pale ale, Road trip Pils w/ale yeast and Schwheat.

I would tempted to say the same when I didnt have so much HB to drink....but if I had the choice, I would take a Terrapin Sampler over the SW. Their sample has my favorite everyday drinker, Rye Pale Ale and also their Hop Karma (India Brown IPA), Hopsecutioner (IPA), and their Golden Ale.

They also have some great side projects and seasonal brews but the sampler is def a go to.

I have the best beer i ever tasted a couple times a year but right now its Firestone Walkers Double Jack.

Chang lager. Had a sixer the other day and can't stop thinking about it. Getting some more tomorrow or the next day. Great summer beer.

I would take a Terrapin Sampler over the SW. Their sample has my favorite everyday drinker, Rye Pale Ale and also their Hop Karma (India Brown IPA), Hopsecutioner (IPA), and their Golden Ale.

BIG fan of both their Rye Pale Ale and India Brown...

But as far as being stuck on something other than HB, gotta go with Bear Republic's Hop Rod Rye IPA...

I am on an import kick as it seems...sadly it is for the bottles not because the beer is awesome. I have 11 New Castle's left and a few Swartz flip-tops, thankfully I will not be buying more. (I plan to bottle my Skeeter Pee and Apple wine in the New Castle bottles and have been collecting the flip-tops for a good while now and need a break.)

I was hooked on DFH 90 min this time last year but I am now happy to have a home brewed IIPA instead. On a side note I have more beer currently fermenting at different stages than I have ever had in the history of my home brewing experience and if I get my work done, I will brew again tomorrow!

On tap: IIPA - PTE-ish clone
Carbing up: Caffeinated breakfast stout

Fermenting:
Skeeter Pee - Lemon wine (6 gal)
Candi Apfel Cyser - Apple wine (6 gal)
Whiskey Barrel Smoked Wee Heavy - (6 gal)
Lemon Wheat - 6 gal
Pilsen Ale - 6 gal

Tomorrow's brew day:
IIPA - 6 gallons (Using grapefruit zest)
Decaf Coffee Breakfast Stout - 3 gallons.

I get stuck on SN Celebration every time it comes out. I drank that stuff like it was going out of style with last years release.

SN Torpedo for me - just keeps popping in my head when I want a cold one this summer!

Agreed!

I'm just getting off a Myrcenary kick...drank the last bottle from a trade. I was pretty stuck on Odell in general when in CO.

I've also bought three six packs of Saint Arnold's Weedwacker. I almost never buy three six packs of anything in the same month. It's a great beer that is just perfect for this weather.

I don't really get stuck on one beer. Hardly buy the same beer twice...ever. And when I do I usually haven't had that beer for a few months before I buy it again. My addiction is to trying something I have never had.

However, I do go on style kicks. A while ago it was hefe's/wits/belgians...now I'm onto anything Malty. I don't buy IPA's anymore because they always suck, I don't think the store sells em quick enough and they sit on the shelf too long.

Sam Adams. It's my old stand-by. Between home brews and single bottles of foreign beer, It doesn't get as much action as it used to, but I've gone years drinking only Sam Adams.

SN Kellerweiss lately because it is so damn hot down here! Before that it was Roquefort 8 but it was making too big a dent in my wallet....so I'm currently trying to clone it : )

I just finished off a 6er of Keller and it was awesome.

Back