Have a homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
So, I'm sitting here at 8 A.M. on a snowy morning when everything is pretty much closed, reading threads here at this forum when a thought enters my head: "hmmm. I sure could go for a homebrew right about now." Does that make me an alcoholic? Luckily (or maybe not) I don't have any cold ones in the fridge right now. I think maybe I'll wait until cocktail hour.

Yeah . . . snow day called at the college where I am a professor . . . so no classes!

The same thought went through my mind as I cooked my breakfast . . . I thought, which of my homebrews would go best with this ham and egg breakfast I am cooking. . . :cool: .

I resisted the urge . . . but only b/c SWMBO and I are meeting friends later tonight for dinner and drinks

mmditter said:
So, I'm sitting here at 8 A.M. on a snowy morning when everything is pretty much closed, reading threads here at this forum when a thought enters my head: "hmmm. I sure could go for a homebrew right about now." Does that make me an alcoholic? Luckily (or maybe not) I don't have any cold ones in the fridge right now. I think maybe I'll wait until cocktail hour.

Nah, snowdays are a special occasion. Drink up!!

Nothing wrong with a breakfast stout. But, I suspect most homebrew has too high an ABV to drink as a meal beverage. I'm working more and more on good tasting small beers, so I can enjoy them without it interfering with my work.

Hey just remember it's noon somewhere.:rockin: I've been known to crack one open a wee bit early. Only for special occassions though.

I don't think about the time when I drink. Not in a bad way though.

If you WANT :D a beer WITH breakfast to start your day then you are OK , my friend.

IF your NEED :drunk: a beer FOR breakfast to start your day...that's an entirely different situation...time for re-hab...

Just remember, either way we're right behind you "cheering" :mug: you on... ;)

mmditter said:

Dude, you're from Wisconsin...if a "brat pattie" can be considered breakfast meat, i'm pretty sure a beer for breakfast is all good!! haha!!

2nd Street Brewery said:
Hey just remember it's noon somewhere.:rockin: I've been known to crack one open a wee bit early. Only for special occassions though.

NOT IN THE CAR, MAN! You're going to get me pulled over! Get your hand out of that cooler!

Hell, we should be up to Glibbidy's by 10:30 or so... methinks we won't all be waiting for noon to start sampling.... :D

Hell on bus trips down to Yankee stadium we start at 8 AM when pulling out of the parking lot. Sunday will be a day of moderation my friend. Its going to be a long day and a longer drive home if I get tanked in Vermont. I do have Monday off but I have too much to do to spend it recovering.

This is some messed up weather. I'm here in Potomac, Maryland just outside of Washington, D.C. and it's 70 degrees and humid enough that I had to run my A/C unit to make it comfortable.

Crazy, crazy stuff for the 1st of December!

Orpheus said:
This is some messed up weather. I'm here in Potomac, Maryland just outside of Washington, D.C. and it's 70 degrees and humid enough that I had to run my A/C unit to make it comfortable.

Crazy, crazy stuff for the 1st of December!
Yeah, the other day it was in the 60s...now if I step outside it feels like 7F!:D

Hell back when I used to go the state dart tourney we'd get in the vehicle around 6:00 and have the first BMC cracked open by 6:15(except the driver of course). You gotta have just that right buzz going to shoot darts well, and if you're first shoot is at 8:00, well, jump in.......

Yeah . . .well . . .snowed all day here. I finally hit the first homebrew right after lunch. By that time, I had shoveled all my own driveway and part of a neighbor's. He offered me a nip of scotch for helping and the next thing you know . . .. the entire neighborhood is in my garage pulling pints from the kegerator.

God made snow for a reason . . .

What a great day . . . . helping each other shovel snow and taking breaks for homebrew! :rockin:

I'm a little buzzed, but every driveway on the block is clean!!! :mug:

I wish I could have stayed home and had a homebrew--We had one hell of a snow last night and this morning, 8-9 inches, with an inch of ice underneath--Since I'm the EMS director, I've been out all day running EMS calls (and there has been a bunch of them), and to make matters worse, I got into a small crash with my squad truck going to a call.

and I have to get up at 0500 to go to work at one of my other jobs (Pontiac ER), 50 miles from here.

and I'm still on call right now since we are under a state of disaster, so I can't drink. :mad:

david_42 said:
Nothing wrong with a breakfast stout. But, I suspect most homebrew has too high an ABV to drink as a meal beverage. I'm working more and more on good tasting small beers, so I can enjoy them without it interfering with my work.

I regularly drink 5-6% ABV beers with food. :drunk:

Back