Haskap Wine recipe? ...for 16-17 gal batch ? (...or something I could scale up?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch Douthit

Reaction score
I did not see any haskap wine recipes listed in the recipes section. Has anyone made haskap wine and liked what they ended up with. I'll start a general search in the internet, but thought I would pose the question here too. I've got enough berries for about 4#/gal batch... but it would be good to confirm how to scale up basic 1, 2, 5 gallon recipes to a 1/2 bbl (18 gal) chronicle SS Brewtech fermenter.

Interesting! I do not, but if I did I would blend some fruit from a pollinator variety to add acidity and character. Maybe 20%

Haskaps don't self pollinate and for best results you need a different variety. The fruiting varieties are usually low bushes that produce large sweet fruit. The pollinator varieties are taller and produce smaller fruit that is tart.

Most people find the pollinator fruit undesirable for fresh eating but they are great for preservatives. I think they would add a lot of character to wine.

ah... thanks for the clarification. I have 13 varieties of haskaps, so plenty of varieties to add character to the wine.

Back