Has this ever happened to you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was pitching White Labs Irish Ale Yeast into an Oatmeal Stout Yesterday and I guess there was some pressure still built up and half of it went on the floor. :(. The only other Yeast that I had available was US05. It kicked off this morning. I am just very curious what the end result will be, other than beer of course:). If this has happened to you What yeasts did you mix and what was the result?

Happens all the time, there's probably 100 first time tube yeast gusher threads on here, including one that I might have started...or at least I complained in a thread about it.

I use WL all the time and this is the first time it has ever happened to me. I generally make starters but that did not happen this weekend. i am more interested in what weird, cool or " interesting" flavors resulted from multiple strains in a batch. How is the "ticker" treating ya?

Not as bad as you. I crack mine as soon as I take it out of the fridge to warm up. Over the next hour our so while I make my starter I will bleed it a few more times.

Back