Has anyone used this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been tinkering with my brew water lately, and I dont see how its possible to make something that magically balances out your PH. This stuff is a joke.

There is something. It is called phosphoric acid and is sold at your LHBS. Of course you do have to add just the right amount to get the pH you want but that's easy enough to do.

be prepared for a torrent of responses resoundingly saying...DONT USE IT

You would think that it was developed and tested, so something has to be missing from the marketing propaganda. The engineer probably said 5.2 pH works under "this and that" conditions and marketing removed "this and that" from the literature so they could sell more. Just my $0.02

i have checked it with a ph meter. It does adjust it, to a point, but does not make every water profile balance to 5.2
It is some time of acid, and if you use the correct amount, it will adjust ph. But not with the tablespoon generic number they give you. It would take a lot of playing around with. A free copy of Bru'n water and 3$ in lactic acid is MUCH cheaper, and MUCH more accurate.
That stuff is a gimmick to make money

Back