Has anyone ever had interest in a wind screen for your burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Reaction score
Was just thinking about this today and was thinking of contacting Blichmann (my burner is a Blichmann) about the possibility of creating and selling a wind screen that attaches probably to the base where the leg extentions also connect. Where I am, in NJ, fall and spring (and sometimes even in winter) we gets lots of days with high winds. Up till now I've been using our plastic backyard chairs setup all around my burner to cut down on the affect the wind has on the burner but while it helps it still is at times affected by the wind. Sometimes wind gusts can be enough to very briefly take the wort out of boil. I'm also quite sure it wastes propane.

As a musician I have pop filters for my microphones to prevent plosive burts to the mic. The best of these are the metal one's which have a downward angled cut since they deflect the air away and downward from the microphone. I was thinking Blichmann could easily manufacture a small screen, say three inches high, that permanently mounts to the burner. So, just curious to see if anyone else would find such an accessory useful. Not looking to make my own or make any money off the idea whatsoever. Just want to know if anyone else would find this useful before I contact them to suggest such a thing.

Rev.

The Home stores sell aluminum flashing in rolls for $10-20 depending on size. Grab a roll and some tin snips and you've got a wind screen. Ill put a Blichmann sticker on it and sell it to you for $100.

I bet if you plas cut "Blichmann" on 2 sides, you could get $250.:mug:

Here's a wind break that I made for free.
I welded a couple of small hinges that I had laying around the garage to a couple of equipment panels that my work was scrapping out.
It works great. It folds flat for storage. And since the panels are stainless steel, I can store them in the dog run, next to my propane tank and they'll never rust.

The dog in the pic is my brew buddy. I like to start my brew day at first light on weekends and he's the only one in the house who will get up with me. To be honest I think he just likes to get warm by the "fire". He's the inspiration for my Hair of the Dog porter label.

BREW DOG 04.jpg

10" aluminum flashing
or was it 12"...
well anyway get it from HomeDepot, they sell the slightly thicker flashing than Lowe's.

IMG_20140523_104849-nopm-.jpg

Latest posts

Back