Has anybody here bought this chiller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks like a damn good deal to me, whats the shipping??

50' 1/2" refrigeration tube at home depot is over $75 alone

edit...the pic of the chiller looks misleading, its obviously 1/2" tube in the picture....but the description says 3/8

I picked that up directly from nybrewsupply.com, based on the pics it is the same chiller (their name in a pic). Love it, broke it in this weekend. Amazing deal.

I bought the same one off of Amazon about 6-7 months ago and love it. It has been through around 20 batches with no problems so far. Cools quickly, no leaks. Highly recommend it, especially for that price.

For $67 you can get a 50 foot Stainless chiller from nybrewsupply.

Just ordered one myself. Moving on to all grain full 7 gal boils.

You're going to love it. We dropped about 11.5 gallons to pitching temp in no time. Thinking of adding a pre chiller in front of it due to GA ground water temps, but was very impressive.

I bought one from the same place. They shipped faster than the Amazon confirmation said they would. It seems like a decent, no frills piece of equipment that's going to come in super handy on Friday when I brew my next batch.

Just need to get the hose for it. By the way.. what did you do for the hose? Small length of garden hose, cut to fit? Build your own hose out of Home Depot plastic tubing?

I've done something similar in making modifications to a Python (it's an aquarium hobbyist tool for cleaning gravel ) - just curious what you all did to put hose on the chiller?

(This chiller comes with garden hose fittings)

For the price you pay to ship this thing it should come quicker. This is really slow to get to my damn house.

I have been looking at these on the nybrewsupply website also. I have emailed him on two separate occasions about his products and failed to get a response both times. Therefore I figure that I will take my business elsewhere.

UPDATE - I got an email from him apologizing for the delay and that he can customize the chillers, i.e. affix a tube for whirlpooling if required.

I ordered the 25' one from Learn to Brew directly, since their shipping was half of Amazon's. I placed the order at lunch and just go an email saying it shipped. :)

I bought one from the same place. They shipped faster than the Amazon confirmation said they would. It seems like a decent, no frills piece of equipment that's going to come in super handy on Friday when I brew my next batch.

Just need to get the hose for it. By the way.. what did you do for the hose? Small length of garden hose, cut to fit? Build your own hose out of Home Depot plastic tubing?

I've done something similar in making modifications to a Python (it's an aquarium hobbyist tool for cleaning gravel ) - just curious what you all did to put hose on the chiller?

(This chiller comes with garden hose fittings)

I use old washing machine hoses because of the price (free) and also they are heavy duty and built of high temp.

For those of you who have bought the 50' chiller off of Amazon (Learn to Brew or Draftflo), can you give me the dimensions of it? It's not listed anywhere on the item description. Specifically, I'd like to know how high the upper bend is where the hose connections are. I have a converted 15.5 gal keggle and want to make sure it's tall enough to reach above the lip of the keg. Also, would be good to know the height of the top coil. If anyone can respond with that info, I'd appreciate it. Looks to be the best price that I can find and will probably order it if the dimensions are right. Thanks!

For those of you who have bought the 50' chiller off of Amazon (Learn to Brew or Draftflo), can you give me the dimensions of it? It's not listed anywhere on the item description. Specifically, I'd like to know how high the upper bend is where the hose connections are. I have a converted 15.5 gal keggle and want to make sure it's tall enough to reach above the lip of the keg. Also, would be good to know the height of the top coil. If anyone can respond with that info, I'd appreciate it. Looks to be the best price that I can find and will probably order it if the dimensions are right. Thanks!

I was just wondering the same thing. I'm in the process of building three new keggles and I'd love to know the dimensions. Email going out to nybrewsupply.

Edit:

Measurements from the nybrewsupply site:

Coil Diameter (outside): 9 1/4 inches
Coil Height: 12 inches
Overall Height: 24 inches to top of risers

Ended up buying from nybrewsupply.com. Even with $13 shipping it was still a great price. Great quality and communication from them as well. They were quick to answer my questions and offered to customize the chiller to suit my needs. Would certainly recommend them to anyone looking to buy a chiller.

Ended up buying from nybrewsupply.com. Even with $13 shipping it was still a great price. Great quality and communication from them as well. They were quick to answer my questions and offered to customize the chiller to suit my needs. Would certainly recommend them to anyone looking to buy a chiller.

I bought a wort chiller from them too and have been very pleased with it. It was the best deal I could find when I bought it.

I bought the 25 foot IC from learntobrew.com and it's worked great. the welds are nice and the build is much better than the chillers for sale at my LHBS.

Latest posts

Back