Has any one found the greatest beer in the world??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the greatest beer in the world about three times per week! There's so many....how's a guy to choose just one ?

St. Francis Brewery Dark Lord IPA...Brewed in Milwaukee Wisconsin baby:)

It just depends on the season, and the last thing I ate. I need to agree that the last beer tends to be one of the best, though I am not so sentimental anymore. Seriously though, I had a Flanders Red recently and that was an eye opener! You have got to try one. Also I tried Lucifer on tap. Damn!

I was given one pint of the greatest beer in the world from an ancient Greek brewing monk on Mt. Athos. Unfortunately, I had drank too many pints of the third or fourth greatest beer in the world and knocked the greatest over. They kicked me off the mountain and decided never to let an outsider see it again.

I'm with the dudes who say the jury is still out.

"The best beer in the world is the next one in my pint glass"

That doesn't mean I drink sh*t beer, it means that I love beer so much, that I can enjoy the hop-full fruits of malty labor.
-Jefe-

according to beer advocate it is Westvleteren 12 and Pliny the Younger, but no ones tastes is the same, it's such a subjective thing

I have to say Apocalypse Cow from Three Floyds completely swept me off my feet. It was pretty much perfect. I daresay it was better than Pliny The Elder, but I'm not sure I want to say that for sure. I'm getting some more Pliny this week so I'll decide then!

KBS also blew me away, but when I let my dad try it he said it was awful and wasn't real beer, so I wouldn't say it's the greatest beer in the world.

Everyone I know who has tried Pliny has loved it, even the non-hop-headed people I know. Haven't have Westy 12, Pliny the Younger, or Dark Lord (YET!), so I can't say that I have found the greatest beer ever. I feel like some of those beers are so hard to get that they become overrated.

However, if I had to live off of one beer for the rest of my life, then I would pick either Pliny or Apocalypse Cow.

A long while ago, the pict's were making the greatest beer in the world but then the romans found out and killed them all trying to torture the recipe out of them. Way to go Romans, no more greatest beer in the world.

I was given one pint of the greatest beer in the world from an ancient Greek brewing monk on Mt. Athos. Unfortunately, I had drank too many pints of the third or fourth greatest beer in the world and knocked the greatest over. They kicked me off the mountain and decided never to let an outsider see it again.

Go back. Pick three Eponymous Flowers from the west slopes of the mountain and offer them to the monk. He may give you a second chance. Glorious brew.

I've had some phenomenol beers over the years from some world-class breweries. But they are all different and I wouldn't say one beer could ever be "the greatest".

weirdboy said:
Actually, I made the greatest beer in the world. I was in a brewing contest with the devil, and I beat him with my beer.

But now I can't remember how to make it, so I made this tribute beer instead.

I thought of the exact same thing when I read this title.

"and when the demon was defeated, he looked at us and said, 'be ye angels?' and we said, 'nay, we be but MEN. ROCK OOOOON!!!'

It's a lot of personal preference. Personally, I like Ruination better than Hopsickle, Maharaja, etc. My friend just had fresh Pliny and likes Ruination better than it. Man, Ruination is a great beer.

Oh man, theres so many I can't get my hands on. I could only truly answer this question if I won the powerball and could travel all over trying beer after beer. I may have to take a few trips and create beer brackets to narrow it down. Kind of like march madness but so much better.

From what I have had a few of my favorites are:
Lagunitas Sumpin Sumpin
Lagunitas Hop Stoopid
Stone IRS
Avery Maharaja
La Fin Du Monde
Flying Dog Gonzo
Oscar Blues Dales Pale Ale
Deschutes Black Butte Porter
Deschutes Obsidian Stout
Boulder Obnivoid
Lagunitas Wilco Foxtrot Tango
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Bear Republic Racer 5
Dog Fish Head - Burton Baton
Barney Flats - Oatmeal Stout

Who's thirsty?

Cantillon Fou Foune...I have had several vintages and it never ceases to amaze. Man if I had more $ I would stock up on it soooo hard.

oh man, i find myself proclaiming this about so many beers. i said it the other day about a mirror pond that really hit the spot while i was fishing out in the hot sun. just this morning when i took a FG reading on one of my beers, i texted my wife saying 'this warm, flat hydro sample may be the best beer i've ever had'

My greatest beer opinion changes very frequently, but there has always been one beer that has never ever disappointed me and ALWAYS hits the spot

So my vote is PBR :D

I hope I don't find it because then everything after it would be a disappointment. Thing is how do you get what you want out of a Stout, IPA, Hefeweizen, etc all out of one beer? Well if you could we might have a candidate.

Closest I have come is probably Head Hunter IPA and More Cowbell Imperial Oatmeal Stout on Nitro. I wonder what I black and tan of those two would be like?

The greatest beer depends on my mood and it changes vastly from time to time. Fresh well made homebrew is the greatest beer. When it's good 5 gallons disappears much too quickly.

For this summer Flying Fish Farmhouse Ale has been tasting mighty good. I am making a farmhouse ale now and have plans for starting a second soon.

Back