Hard root beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmanshane

Reaction score
Ok I have been working on a hard root beer recipe.. I am to the point where I'm going to keg it.. I have 3 questions
1. What psi to carbonate
2. What psi to serve
3. How long of 3/16 serving line do I need

Any help would be much appreciated

Also it will be sweetened like root beer I know the pressures are higher than beer

Most sodas are carbonated to 3 or 4 volumes, I'll let you snag a chart to determine what psi that is based on how cold you want to keep this.
Ideally, you would want to serve at the same psi as carbonating. I know it can be tough to serve something at 30psi, but appropriate line length can solve that problem. You could serve at a lower pressure, but it wastes more CO2 that way because you'll have to vent down to the serving pressure and then pressurize back to the carbonation pressure for prolonged storage if you only serve a little at a time.

Ok cool the tubing length is no problem.. I have around 90 foot of beverage line on hand haha accidentally bought a whole roll lol but what ever

Latest posts

Back