Hard cider from juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrewnoob

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm still pretty new to making cider from store bought juice but i just had a query that i wanted to ask. Is there any need for secondary fermentation? I did one brew from apple juice let it ferment for 12 days then i carbonated it for 4 days, refridgerated it for 2 days and it tasted pretty good it was quite strong aswell. is there any need to rack it and let it go for longer? what are the benefits / advantages?
cheers for the advice!

No need to rack it, normally you'd let it clear in secondary, but since you used juice t should clear nicely enough in primary

Hey guys i'm still pretty new to making cider from store bought juice but i just had a query that i wanted to ask. Is there any need for secondary fermentation? I did one brew from apple juice let it ferment for 12 days then i carbonated it for 4 days, refridgerated it for 2 days and it tasted pretty good it was quite strong aswell. is there any need to rack it and let it go for longer? what are the benefits / advantages?
cheers for the advice!

This is currently being discussed here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f32/first-ever-cider-brew-secondary-ferment-not-521815/

Back