Harbor freight drill motorized grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autonomist3k

Reaction score
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460000824.749527.jpg
I put another piece of plywood under the mill since the drill sits higher and shimmed the drill with some fender washers to make up the height difference.
There's a slight wobble but I'm sure it'll be stabilized once I build and attach the frame to the bottom, if not it'll easily be reshimmed.
I'll post a pic once it's complete.

I realized after posting this that the plywood is slightly curved, so once I have the frame built I'll probably have to readjust the shimms, but that shouldn't be a problem.

That looks great! :ban:

I built something similar for my Monster Mill. Keeping the drill nicely aligned with the mill's shaft will prevent accidentally bending it.

You actually also do want to shore up the sides of the drill, so it's locked in and doesn't flop sideways from the reaction force once you mill grain. I bent my drive shaft because of the drill flopping. The force that drill exerts is scary if not masterly contained.

That looks great! :ban:

I built something similar for my Monster Mill. Keeping the drill nicely aligned with the mill's shaft will prevent accidentally bending it.

You actually also do want to shore up the sides of the drill, so it's locked in and doesn't flop sideways from the reaction force once you mill grain. I bent my drive shaft because of the drill flopping. The force that drill exerts is scary if not masterly contained.

Good idea, this thing is mounted on there solid, but it wouldn't be much work to attach some brackets to the sides since it's already threaded.

Latest posts

Back